Help my tahoe's acting up!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishermanroly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
NEED HELP MY TAHOE's acting up !!1995 4x4 5.7
Went fishing yesterday and on the way home my speedo quit working,my abs light came on and stays on and my tahoe wont shift outta 1st all at the same time please help new to the forum thanks!!

Ironman1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like the speed sensor went out and stuck the tranny in limp mode.. bout a 30 buck part.. easy to replace one bolt on a metal clamp holding it in the back of the tranny. the reset the computer or use a reader to clear the code and you should be back up and running

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like the speed sensor went out and stuck the tranny in limp mode.. bout a 30 buck part.. easy to replace one bolt on a metal clamp holding it in the back of the tranny. the reset the computer or use a reader to clear the code and you should be back up and running

Yep, it all adds up. The sensor isn't producing a signal so the speedometer has no idea how fast the wheels are turning, the computer doesn't know the driveshaft speed and thus can't shift the tranny, and the ABS pump doesn't know the rear wheel speed so it disables itself to avoid any safety issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts