HELP ME!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I believe so. There’s a screen when I pull the filter off.

I replaced the FPR tonight with an AC Delco one....yaaaa $100 flying out of my wallet! Didn’t fix the issue, however. The fuel pressure is now reading 50 psi on my gauge and I noticed while driving the PSI would jump to 60 psi during acceleration.

I guess I’m gonna move onto fuel injectors or coil packs. I do not have a way to test these though. My scan tool isn’t that technical. I think I’m going to take it to a shop by my work next week (going out of town for work Wednesday.)

I’ll keep the thread updated with my findings.
Talk about a hell of an issue to track down. I'm almost wondering if there's a chipped tone wheel or crankshaft position sensor with an intermittent failure.

Keep me posted, I'm quite curious. Would love to give your rig a look over in person, I love fixing this type of stuff. A man can dream :p

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent read the whole thread but have you replaced the knock sensors or checked the wiring to them?

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is still on ‘off-brand knock sensors need to be replaced with AC Delco’.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You did use AC Delco knock sensors when you replaced them I hope? I couldn’t find the answer to that question. I’ve heard of the aftermarket ones acting up.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did use AC Delco knock sensors when you replaced them I hope? I couldn’t find the answer to that question. I’ve heard of the aftermarket ones acting up.

see post 29....OP did not use ac delco knock sensors. pita to change out, but OP changed out fuel pump pretty handily so it may be time to bring this back to the top after the fuel pressure issue.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
see post 29....OP did not use ac delco knock sensors. pita to change out, but OP changed out fuel pump pretty handily so it may be time to bring this back to the top after the fuel pressure issue.
Oh boy. I have heard of quite a few people having problems with aftermarket sensors. Anything that’s hard to get to, I make sure it’s AC Delco just so I don’t have to do it twice.

OP
OP
theprovider

theprovider

Reaction score
I didn’t use AC Delco knock sensors but I really don’t think that’s my issue. The CEL and knock sensor code has only popped up over the last few months. The truck has always had the stumble/hesitation since I bought it and it wasnt setting off the CEL. The issue has progressively gotten worse over the las few months...maybe that’s why the CEL is going off, because it’s becoming more frequent.

I’m leaning towards a clogged fuel injector or coil pack. I wish I had someone close by with more knowledge than myself haha once I figure it out Im posting it for sale....maybe

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I didn’t use AC Delco knock sensors but I really don’t think that’s my issue. The CEL and knock sensor code has only popped up over the last few months. The truck has always had the stumble/hesitation since I bought it and it wasnt setting off the CEL. The issue has progressively gotten worse over the las few months...maybe that’s why the CEL is going off, because it’s becoming more frequent.

I’m leaning towards a clogged fuel injector or coil pack. I wish I had someone close by with more knowledge than myself haha once I figure it out Im posting it for sale....maybe
Why would you sell it if you got the issue figured out?

OP
OP
theprovider

theprovider

Reaction score
Why would you sell it if you got the issue figured out?

To be honest I want to get back into a German vehicle....

Spoke to a mechanic today and told him everything I did. He said possible torque converter issue but he’d need to drive it to see what it’s doing. I’m dropping it off next week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk