Help me pick the rest of my system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I currently have:

This head unit: pioneer avh 3100dvd
avh-p3100dvd_front_lrg.jpg

These subs: 2 Alpine Type R 12's
ALPSWR12.jpeg

These amps (1 on each sub): Alpine PDX-1.600
h500PDX1600-f_mt.jpeg

Now I'm looking to upgrade from the factory Bose to aftermarket components and get a good 4 channel Amp

Please advise me what 4 channel amp+ Components to get:

I'm lookin' at these 6.5 inch components now:
-6.5 inch Infinity Kappa Perfect
-FOCAL 165 A1 6.5

:Handshake:

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D

If we get them about the same time i might be able to get them with mine.. im paying 25% of retail for the whole benz.. no promises.. but its possible...

If you go to google and type Focal vs Infiniti.. i guess alot of people have asked this specific question.. the results are pretty much 3:1

1 set of 165cvx 6.5
2 sets of 165ca1 6.5 and
1 set of Focal 165ca 5.25

300 yards... running 50w rms per speaker 2 Rockford 4 channel amps 400.4
(there is NO static or distortion in the speakers, the cam phone mic wasnt capable of handling it)

[yt]urrIqHOuHto[/yt]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
:D

If we get them about the same time i might be able to get them with mine.. im paying 25% of retail for the whole benz.. no promises.. but its possible...

If you go to google and type Focal vs Infiniti.. i guess alot of people have asked this specific question.. the results are pretty much 3:1

1 set of 165cvx 6.5
2 sets of 165ca1 6.5 and
1 set of Focal 165ca 5.25

300 yards... running 50w rms per speaker 2 Rockford 4 channel amps 400.4
(there is NO static or distortion in the speakers, the cam phone mic wasnt capable of handling it)

[yt]urrIqHOuHto[/yt]

What are you lookin' to get cause I coudl paypal you the money if you get a good deal and pick me up some speakers too:Handshake:

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IM running about $12,000 in focal shit in this benz.. hell the rear sub is $1500 .. and the components retail at 900-1300 per set.. (2 sets of 3 ways 2 sets of components 2s) and 2 sets of coaxials.. and all focal amps...

and IF it goes through.. its not uncommon to order an extra set or two that doesnt make it into the final design.. (aka your shit) lol..

Regardless.. you already know how i feel.. A: focal all the way.. and B: if i can hook you up i will...

IM not getting the benz till the 10th though.. supposedly its mine.. but its still at benz getting a new powerstearing pump and they cracked the oil sending unit.. so it might not happen soon enough..

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
IM running about $12,000 in focal shit in this benz.. hell the rear sub is $1500 .. and the components retail at 900-1300 per set.. (2 sets of 3 ways 2 sets of components 2s) and 2 sets of coaxials.. and all focal amps...

and IF it goes through.. its not uncommon to order an extra set or two that doesnt make it into the final design.. (aka your shit) lol..

Regardless.. you already know how i feel.. A: focal all the way.. and B: if i can hook you up i will...

IM not getting the benz till the 10th though.. supposedly its mine.. but its still at benz getting a new powerstearing pump and they cracked the oil sending unit.. so it might not happen soon enough..

I'm in no rush to buy ASAP MOB, jus PM me when you find out what model you can get/price and we can work something out.

My friend just got 2 sets of 6.5" focal utopias, do you recommend them?

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IF oyu can afford them i dont think anyone can argue.. they are the best speakers you can buy.. even Audiophile websites who review hundreds of thousand dollar home systems agree hands down that they are untouchable.. BUT.. they are $4500 a set.. lol

Im running All K2 series.. like $1200 a set.. and a Utopia Sub.. PolyGlass are the ones one step better than Access.. they are like $300-500 retail

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
IF oyu can afford them i dont think anyone can argue.. they are the best speakers you can buy.. even Audiophile websites who review hundreds of thousand dollar home systems agree hands down that they are untouchable.. BUT.. they are $4500 a set.. lol

Im running All K2 series.. like $1200 a set.. and a Utopia Sub.. PolyGlass are the ones one step better than Access.. they are like $300-500 retail

O my bad, he got 2 sets for $500 shipped off Craigslist, guess he got a sick deal lol....They are gettin' put it this weekend

So, just let me know what model/price you can get me and i'll let you know if im interested, thanks again MOB

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IM gonna go out on a limb and say there is no way in hell they are real.. (there ARE knock off speakers of alot of high end brands) Did they come with the monoblock? The y might be polyglass and someone just called them utopias.. polyglass are still SICK but the cheapest i can find Utopia for online is $4000

big_kitn6.jpg

image1_kitn5.jpg

Last edited:

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not a full alpine system? alpine type-s component speakers with a nice amp to power them. (and a sub box, duh)

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why not a full alpine system? alpine type-s component speakers with a nice amp to power them. (and a sub box, duh)

because alpine highs suck... unless you just wanna get the best speaker you can fit on your Sears card... even their high end stuff sounds like its wrapped in a wet blanket.. alpine should stick to making $69 co-ax sets.. imo.. since they all sound about the same anyway.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Those amps look sexy btw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davety53