Help LED hyper flash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I replaced the DRL and signal bulbs on my 2009 Tahoe with Switchback LEDs and they now hyper flash. I can't find anything on how to specificaly fix it and its driving me nuts. I have resistors but don't know how to wire them either. If anyone knows a way to fix it without having to install the resistors that would be great.

criffaaa1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you could locate your factory flasher, remove pop it open, and cut out the pin pictured. No more hyper flash the free way.
b94373bf822c45e741464b7a3ccd7ddf.jpg

sent telepathically

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an 07 Yukon. I haven't gotten to the switchbacks in the front, but my rear turn signal LEDs needed the resistor spliced between the yellow and black wire going to the turn signal socket. The third wire (running lights) is brown. if your wires aren't the same color, most likely you would splice between the negative (most likely black) wire and the most brightly colored wire leading to the socket. Remember to mount the resistors to metal. Even though they only see current when the signal is flashing, they can still get pretty hot.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Just realized you said the bulbs were in your DRLs, something I don't have. If you put single filament bulbs in the DRL they should work fine. I suppose dual filament bulbs could hyper flash in the DRL socket. Are you trying to use your DRLs as turn signals?

OP
OP
varycoolman579
Reaction score
When the lights switch to night mode the outside bulbs stay on. Sorry my DRLs don't signal or anything

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Or you could locate your factory flasher, remove pop it open, and cut out the pin pictured. No more hyper flash the free way.
b94373bf822c45e741464b7a3ccd7ddf.jpg

sent telepathically

Is this relay in my tahoe? And where can I find it?

olma13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too am interested in this but for my 13 yukon, Id rather go the factory flasher route if possible, otherwise Ill install resistors. Of course my front turn signals have 5 wires coming out of it, blue, brown, black, black, black.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Just read that the turn signal clicking noise comes from the BCM through your speakers so the factory flasher is out of the question. But you could take your truck to the dealer and have the computer programmed for LEDs or just install resistors.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenan