Need LED Turning SIGNAL HELP???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put Led Bulbs in my 2004 GMC YUKON DENALI for HD lights Parking, Turning etc. I hate the hyper flash of the turning signals so bought the correct resistors to stop it. Fronts have 3 wires blue and 2 black- tried all combinations to connect resistors but dtill flashes. Back ones only have 2 wires and same result. Still Flashes. Anyone have any ideas why resistors aren’t working or what I’m doing wrong. Do I need all 4 on or???
Thanks
Marty

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put Led Bulbs in my 2004 GMC YUKON DENALI for HD lights Parking, Turning etc. I hate the hyper flash of the turning signals so bought the correct resistors to stop it. Fronts have 3 wires blue and 2 black- tried all combinations to connect resistors but dtill flashes. Back ones only have 2 wires and same result. Still Flashes. Anyone have any ideas why resistors aren’t working or what I’m doing wrong. Do I need all 4 on or???
Thanks
Marty
all 4 corners have to have resistors or just buy the led relay

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple universal solution to resolve all LED flasher (and brake light/cruise-control) problems.

Step 1- Remove LED and install incandescent.

That is it. Seriously, I don’t understand the resistor workaround. It converts electrical energy into thermal energy, i.e. Heat. You end up with same current draw and a 140F heat source where its not intended to be. My experience is that LED works great for headlights, fog lights, side-mirror puddle lights, all interior lights including door panel courtesy lights, and reverse lights …. but rest of bulb circuits just not designed for LED.

OP
OP
M

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay I have one front resistor to install so I’ll let ya know how this goes.
Thank u appreciate your time
all 4 corners have to have resistors or just buy the led relay
Yep didn’t work put resistors on front and rear turn signals and all are still hyper flashing. What led relay do I need to buy and what relay do I take out to put this in for?? Never had any problem with this on any of my other 2 vehicles , the resistors took care of it.

OP
OP
M

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Simple universal solution to resolve all LED flasher (and brake light/cruise-control) problems.

Step 1- Remove LED and install incandescent.

That is it. Seriously, I don’t understand the resistor workaround. It converts electrical energy into thermal energy, i.e. Heat. You end up with same current draw and a 140F heat source where its not intended to be. My experience is that LED works great for headlights, fog lights, side-mirror puddle lights, all interior lights including door panel courtesy lights, and reverse lights …. but rest of bulb circuits just not designed for LED.
Putting resistors on my other 2 vehicles no problem solved the hyper flashing on the turn signals. Guess I was wrong thinking this would work

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep didn’t work put resistors on front and rear turn signals and all are still hyper flashing. What led relay do I need to buy and what relay do I take out to put this in for?? Never had any problem with this on any of my other 2 vehicles , the resistors took care of it.
should use a LM487, it is up under the dash under the steering wheel area, might be hard to reach and you may need to use some good pliers to get the old one out.
I put one on my 03 silverado worked great\
otherwise as far as using resistors you need to check them all with a meter and be sure they all read 5-6 ohms and they have to be installed properly.

OP
OP
M

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is this what I need:
  • FITMENT-Fit for2003 2004 2005 2006 Silverado Tahoe, Sierra, Yukon, Avalanche,Suburban.
  • HIGH-QUALITY-High-quality composite housing withstands harsh temperatures and harsh conditions under the hood Copper contacts are used where specified to prolong wear and tear. All components are manufactured to exacting quality requirements.
  • FUNCTION-Keeps the lights on your vehicle flashing rhythmically and steadily. Solve the problem that your hazard lights or turn signals may stay solid when on, not turn on at all, or flash at an undesirable rate.
  • EASY TO INSTALL-Remove the panel and find the Hazard Warning / LED Turn Signal Flasher,Remove the old Hazard Warning / LED Turn Signal Flasher,Install the new Hazard Warning / LED Turn Signal Flashe

OP
OP
M

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is this what I need:
  • FITMENT-Fit for2003 2004 2005 2006 Silverado Tahoe, Sierra, Yukon, Avalanche,Suburban.
  • HIGH-QUALITY-High-quality composite housing withstands harsh temperatures and harsh conditions under the hood Copper contacts are used where specified to prolong wear and tear. All components are manufactured to exacting quality requirements.
  • FUNCTION-Keeps the lights on your vehicle flashing rhythmically and steadily. Solve the problem that your hazard lights or turn signals may stay solid when on, not turn on at all, or flash at an undesirable rate.
  • EASY TO INSTALL-Remove the panel and find the Hazard Warning / LED Turn Signal Flasher,Remove the old Hazard Warning / LED Turn Signal Flasher,Install the new Hazard Warning / LED Turn Signal Flashe

OP
OP
M

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
should use a LM487, it is up under the dash under the steering wheel area, might be hard to reach and you may need to use some good pliers to get the old one out.
I put one on my 03 silverado worked great\
otherwise as far as using resistors you need to check them all with a meter and be sure they all read 5-6 ohms and they have to be installed properly.
Thank you so much will get it ordered cannot thank u enough.,
Marty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019