*HELP* Integrated Trailer Brakes 2011 GMC Yukon Denali *HELP*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have removed the wire that was originally bunched up by the fender that I had attached to the Passenger Side Lug as pictured. This resulted in still not seeing any gain settings or messages on the DIC without a trailer connected while pressing the + or - on the controller or actuating the slide rails.. Will connect to a trailer and see if it recognizes anything then, and will update. I guess I am still uncertain if I should get a message on the DIC when pressing + or - on the controller without a trailer connected. It is my understanding it should show what the gain is currently set at regardless of a trailer connected. Can anyone confirm this? That would lead me to think the controller is faulty or it is not being recognized as if an input wire is missing somewhere or if something in the computer has to be turned on to recognize it?

If you squeeze the slider with or without a trailer connected, the gain should show up on the dash. Replace the compromised J-Case fuse and if it doesn't work still, get hold of a Tech-2 and get the codes and run the diagnostics, otherwise, you'll pull your hair out chasing this. Happen to live near Port Saint Lucie?

Derick, that's the other wire.

Reaction score
Do you have any warning or service messages displayed in the DIC in general? Those must be acknowledged before the trailer brake page can be displayed.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
M

Matthew Snyder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, indeed, is there any kind folks located nearby Lakeville, MN with a Tech-2..?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Matthew Snyder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have any warning or service messages displayed in the DIC in general? Those must be acknowledged before the trailer brake page can be displayed.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
Upon starting the vehicle I am met with a "Service 4WD" (this has been occuring since acquiring the vehicle a couple months ago. Was told at purchase it was checked out with no codes from the t-case and have choose to naievly believe this and have yet to verify myself.. if so it is my understanding this is more so caused by a bad ground beneath the drivers door which I haven't gotten around to chasing out). Also if backed up to trailer I get the "park assist blocked", obviously, which still after clearing both of these and being at the main display menu with no active messages I am unable to see any DIC messages for the trailer brake gain.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upon starting the vehicle I am met with a "Service 4WD" (this has been occuring since acquiring the vehicle a couple months ago. Was told at purchase it was checked out with no codes from the t-case and have choose to naievly believe this and have yet to verify myself.. if so it is my understanding this is more so caused by a bad ground beneath the drivers door which I haven't gotten around to chasing out). Also if backed up to trailer I get the "park assist blocked", obviously, which still after clearing both of these and being at the main display menu with no active messages I am unable to see any DIC messages for the trailer brake gain.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you're getting the "Service 4WD", you've got codes stored internally. These will tell you what's wrong, or at least where to look and how to use the troubleshooting guide to get after it.

OP
OP
M

Matthew Snyder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would it be possible for the pre-existing "Service 4WD" message is preventing the ITBC from activating?

Does anyone know which wire, and the voltage that should be preset at the input on the back of the brake controller? Should it be a constant 12V regardless of external factors?

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wire under the hood is a 12v constant to the rear 7pin connector. That’s it. If by some chance you haveweak magnets on the trailer brakes things like this can happen. The truck also will not send 12v constant to trailer brakes either by this piece of information. The onboard abs traction control nanny monitors the brake pressure and decent of the vehicle and adjusts per such computers. It will throttle the brakes from a hold to full with this computer interface. Squeezing the control should net a spike on the controller unless the magnets on the trailer are shot. Just trying to give you my old info I had being in the trailer business a long time ago and some of the things I experienced. Hope it helps.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible for the pre-existing "Service 4WD" message is preventing the ITBC from activating?

Does anyone know which wire, and the voltage that should be preset at the input on the back of the brake controller? Should it be a constant 12V regardless of external factors?

There's 10 volts and a 5 volt constant, somewhere...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12