Help: Does the 6.2L have Fuel Management (AFM/DFM)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I figure out whether the 2021 6.2 Tahoe has the AFM/DFM? I think I remember that some vehicle didn’t get it due to whatever reason. I‘m test driving a 2021 6.2 High Country right now and neither feel nor see I anything related to that. Is there an info screen I need to turn on to actually see it? In my current 2017 Yukon I see a small green Box that either says V8 or V4. How do I figure it out with certainty?

Basically, I want to know if the engine is equipped with fuel management technology. It has start/stop if that helps.

Thanks

Last edited:

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does your window sticker show? Also when I’m going in and out of DFM I can hear a distinctly deeper engine note when in V8 mode.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I figure out whether the 2021 6.2 Tahoe has the AFM/DFM? I think I remember that some vehicle didn’t get it due to whatever reason. I‘m test driving a 2021 6.2 High Country right now and neither feel nor see I anything related to that. Is there an info screen I need to turn on to actually see it? In my current 2017 Yukon I see a small green Box that either says V8 or V4. How do I figure it out with certainty?

Basically, I want to know if the engine is equipped with fuel management technology. It has start/stop if that helps.

Thanks

The engine should be an L87 and if so, it has DFM, meaning it can run on any combination of cylinders as the computer decides.

OP
OP
X

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Window Sticker says nothing regarding DFM. I read that some 5.3 engines didn’t get the DFM due to chip shortages. Wasn’t sure if that happened to the 6.2 engine as well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Window Sticker says nothing regarding DFM. I read that some 5.3 engines didn’t get the DFM due to chip shortages. Wasn’t sure if that happened to the 6.2 engine as well.
you can order a 5.3 without dfm as of about a week ago anyway, but it was not currently a option for the 6.2. look in the owners manual it should define when it will enter dfm and how you can tell. It must show on the screen somewhere.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t realize you could order without DFM on the 5.3. Are most doing so for custom orders? Might have to modify my order…

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can order a 5.3 without dfm as of about a week ago anyway, but it was not currently a option for the 6.2. look in the owners manual it should define when it will enter dfm and how you can tell. It must show on the screen somewhere.
It does not show anywhere where you are in/out of DFM, is all background.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading dozens of lifter failure threads on Silverado forums there doesn’t seem to be a consensus on whether ordering without DFM / using a pulsar prevents the failures…guess I’ll role the dice with DFM.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094