Help diagnose AC / Heat problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

gregsmy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's correct, still use it for diagnostics and setting tire pressure limits, transmission adapts, calibrate actuators, etc. but not to program new modules.
After doing some research I bought the xtool D7 bi directional scan tool. Initially I did not find any codes related to the HVAC system. The scan tool allows you to do a lot of things and had the option to calibrate the system. After performing the calibration it seems to have solved my problem and everything seems to operate normally again. However after a week or so I ran the scanner on the truck to work on a different problem and I see it now has a stored trouble code for the HVAC. It lists B0423-04 "Temperature control 2 feedback circuit open". I'm not sure what that would be related to. The scan tool offers the ability for actuation, live data, graphing, etc but not sure where to start? There are also some other codes like B2470-04 "Cellular phone antenna open circuit" and U0200-00 "lost communication with door control module B".

I was going to start a new thread regarding the "service brakes soon" message I get. I have a code C0299-5A "Brake boost regulation pressure sensor plausibility failure". Not sure if any or all of these could be connected some how. I did replace the pressure sensor a few years ago for the same problem, and it went away. I have some live date of when it fails.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After doing some research I bought the xtool D7 bi directional scan tool. Initially I did not find any codes related to the HVAC system. The scan tool allows you to do a lot of things and had the option to calibrate the system. After performing the calibration it seems to have solved my problem and everything seems to operate normally again. However after a week or so I ran the scanner on the truck to work on a different problem and I see it now has a stored trouble code for the HVAC. It lists B0423-04 "Temperature control 2 feedback circuit open". I'm not sure what that would be related to. The scan tool offers the ability for actuation, live data, graphing, etc but not sure where to start? There are also some other codes like B2470-04 "Cellular phone antenna open circuit" and U0200-00 "lost communication with door control module B".

I was going to start a new thread regarding the "service brakes soon" message I get. I have a code C0299-5A "Brake boost regulation pressure sensor plausibility failure". Not sure if any or all of these could be connected some how. I did replace the pressure sensor a few years ago for the same problem, and it went away. I have some live date of when it fails.
Double check that the codes you are seeing are either CURRENT or HISTORICAL. Some codes clear after so many ignition cycles, others stay forever until manually cleared. There's reasoning for this but I don't remember why!

B0423 is for the passenger side temperature control actuator. Aftermarket actuators/sensors don't last or play nice with the computer system, nor do they last as long.

i would get the B2470-04 in my truck after it rained. Water would get past the antenna on the roof and drip onto the coax cable which would throw the code until it dried up later in the day. Sometimes I'd get a red light on the mirror but usually not and the phone never stopped working.

OP
OP
G

gregsmy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Double check that the codes you are seeing are either CURRENT or HISTORICAL. Some codes clear after so many ignition cycles, others stay forever until manually cleared. There's reasoning for this but I don't remember why!

B0423 is for the passenger side temperature control actuator. Aftermarket actuators/sensors don't last or play nice with the computer system, nor do they last as long.

i would get the B2470-04 in my truck after it rained. Water would get past the antenna on the roof and drip onto the coax cable which would throw the code until it dried up later in the day. Sometimes I'd get a red light on the mirror but usually not and the phone never stopped working.
I looked and couldnt find where it listed the codes as "historical". It does tell you when they where set in relation to last key cycle and if they set again after clearing. I went ahead and cleared all of them so I would have a starting point and so far they have not come back and the hvac seems to be acting normally. As far as I know it has the original actuators still in it and I will keep in mind about using original GM ones if I have a failure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts