Help! anyone that knows about Audio Systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh really, so ur the guy i need to talk then. im still thinking about the box, i dont know what would make it sound best, since i dont know anything about car systems, what do u recommend? also i have 2 optima red top(better than yellow i been told) 800cca batteries(is this enough? btw this is the highest cca i could find, here atleast...), im replacing the one the car has with this, and the other for the amps. im thinking about the H.O alternator, the guy at the audio shop said i dont need to upgrade the alternator... i dont know if he is right, but yea. btw ill put the pics up when everything is done lol thanks for the help

You'll be fine with your alternator. Do you want your subs to be louder (SPL) or a better quality(SQ)? SPL is higher vented, while SQ is better sealed

OP
OP
C

CplJasonB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You'll be fine with your alternator. Do you want your subs to be louder (SPL) or a better quality(SQ)? SPL is higher vented, while SQ is better sealed

Better quality, so I guess I have to go sealed then. So I have all the parts =) I'm going with no H.O alternator. Will 2 red top batteries of 800cca do the job? Meaning one red top will be used for my tahoe and the other for the amps

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, you'll be fine with a yellow top(Better for this application) and your stock alternator. I ran two 12" L7's and a 300.4 and I could play for quite a while with the car OFF and did not worry about a dead battery.

gibsonm21

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply.

The 1000/1 will push the 13W7 just fine. I suggested adding another 500 watts per sub because for the short time period I had a 13W7, I was dissapointed with how it sounded(compared to my 1 10W7 on that same 1000 watts), but when I heard that same sub on a RF 2000.1bd it blew me away. Also, Whoever told you that any more than 1000 watts will void the warranty is misinformed, 1500 watts is the RMS rating(and that is under rated)

With the Battery situation, I'd go with a 1 yellow top as your second battery and leave your stock one alone. Your stock electrical system is fine for what you have( I have the same exact amps).

You can get good quality sound from a vented box, its all in the craftsmanship. I'd recommend a vented box for you because they are more power efficient(that 1000 watts will usually produce more sound than in a sealed enclosure) and, well you heard my spill on your power situation lol

Last edited:

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
i would recommend vented also. take advantage of increased efficiency. if you have enough money i would highly recommend a h.o. alternator. extra battery dont produce extra voltage. the only advantage to dual batts is key off run time. 2 1000/1 s and a 450/4 at high volume can easily draw 200 amps. factory alt usually is about 130.

OP
OP
C

CplJasonB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have the system installed. But have a problem, when I put the volume up, my sub makes a popping noise on certain notes, does anybody knows what could be causing this?also after playing my system my Amps get really hot, is this normal?

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have the system installed. But have a problem, when I put the volume up, my sub makes a popping noise on certain notes, does anybody knows what could be causing this?also after playing my system my Amps get really hot, is this normal?

I believe that popping you hear is called "clipping". Basically it's your sub's way of saying turn me down. Wikipedia has a good article on it I believe, go look it up if you're curious.

And yes, your amp can get hot after use, it's normal, no worries!

OP
OP
C

CplJasonB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just don't get it. If that's the limit for the subs, how come I see these YouTube videos with people having the same exact setup, while there subs are pounding the car like if they want to come out the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019