Help! anyone that knows about Audio Systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CplJasonB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so im adding an audio system to my 08 Tahoe, i have bought 2 13w7 to go with 2 JL 1000 amps. i have 2sets of ZR650csi, each set has a 85watts continous power handling and a 255watts peak music power, my question is, what amp do i need to match these 2 sets!?!? btw, i want a JL amp since im going all JL.

OP
OP
C

CplJasonB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
all i need is one 450/4? to power both sets(4door speakers and 4tweeters)?

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Who sold this to you? Anyone reputable would have given you this info beforehand. IMO!!!
Unless of course you went E-bay or something.

gibsonm21

Reaction score
Are you planning on putting both sets up front or putting one set up front and one in the rear? If you're going to do the latter, then the 450/4 will be perfect, but if you're trying to put both sets up front, It would be better to have 2 300/4's, 1 for each set; then you could run an active crossover network.

Also, Just my 2 cents, but you're going to need at least 500 more watts per sub for those 13's to sound at their best. Its a shame that JL only has a 1000 watt amp.

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
85*4 = 340. 450w is >30% over the rated RMS value... that's quite a bit if you ask me.

with proper gain setting and tuning it will be great. it will also help if your not a gorilla with the volume knob. but again with proper gain and x over settings a little more power wont be an issue.

OP
OP
C

CplJasonB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
damn, thanks alot guys for ur input. and yes im planning on putting one set in the front and the other in the second row, basically, im replacing everything. So i will be getting the 450/4 amp. And to groundscr8pr, i like been a gorilla at times lol, especially the first days after i have it install. and to gibson, should i get another 1000 amp for the 13w7's? the reason i have these 2 cause i been told thats all i need and if i go over 1000 for each sub, it voids the warranty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CplJasonB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
a 1000/1 is fine for each sub. i have installed this combo with great results. are you doing vented or sealed boxs?

oh really, so ur the guy i need to talk then. im still thinking about the box, i dont know what would make it sound best, since i dont know anything about car systems, what do u recommend? also i have 2 optima red top(better than yellow i been told) 800cca batteries(is this enough? btw this is the highest cca i could find, here atleast...), im replacing the one the car has with this, and the other for the amps. im thinking about the H.O alternator, the guy at the audio shop said i dont need to upgrade the alternator... i dont know if he is right, but yea. btw ill put the pics up when everything is done lol thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10