Hello everyone, new join here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ItstheHOFF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny story, I quickly and suddenly found myself in a 2016 Suburban LTZ. Wife is 7 months pregnant with baby #4 and although our megacab has been great accommodating all of us and our gear, it won’t be comfortable with 6 humans and 2 car seats once baby comes. But it’s still going nowhere because there’s always a need for a truck. What I had to trade was my high mileage Mazda 3, which was already too small to comfortably fit all 5 of us and plus it was a manual and my wife doesn’t know how to drive. A handful of times already we found ourselves in the situation where she needed me to take the kids so she could run an errand on her own, but that required me to drive them in the truck and her to take the car. Not happening. So the Mazda was the obvious choice to trade. Then, the question was, trade for what? Initially I was looking at any and all midsize suvs with 3 row seating. Once the wife saw a few of them, it was quickly established that class of vehicle was not big enough to fit kids on all rows of seating, plus stroller and groceries or whatever gear of the day. Surprisingly Tahoe’s have even less space in the cargo area than midsize suvs. So then is when Suburban came into consideration. I never thought to consider the Suburban because I already had a monster of a vehicle, the megacab. At first, having two behemoth gas guzzlers in the driveway was out of the question, but this is where our current needs in life have brought us. I’m excited to learn about my new Sub from y’all and to contribute to this community

FDEA82E6-38C6-4479-A3B8-3FA9FB042067.jpeg A3C63AD4-FF4D-4FD2-8F54-1FA7FEF94853.jpeg 34CEE31F-2AEA-4450-AE0B-D590E964EFD4.jpeg 85FD4710-61A6-4570-AC3A-E9F124507462.jpeg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Funny story, I quickly and suddenly found myself in a 2016 Suburban LTZ. Wife is 7 months pregnant with baby #4 and although our megacab has been great accommodating all of us and our gear, it won’t be comfortable with 6 humans and 2 car seats once baby comes. But it’s still going nowhere because there’s always a need for a truck. What I had to trade was my high mileage Mazda 3, which was already too small to comfortably fit all 5 of us and plus it was a manual and my wife doesn’t know how to drive. A handful of times already we found ourselves in the situation where she needed me to take the kids so she could run an errand on her own, but that required me to drive them in the truck and her to take the car. Not happening. So the Mazda was the obvious choice to trade. Then, the question was, trade for what? Initially I was looking at any and all midsize suvs with 3 row seating. Once the wife saw a few of them, it was quickly established that class of vehicle was not big enough to fit kids on all rows of seating, plus stroller and groceries or whatever gear of the day. Surprisingly Tahoe’s have even less space in the cargo area than midsize suvs. So then is when Suburban came into consideration. I never thought to consider the Suburban because I already had a monster of a vehicle, the megacab. At first, having two behemoth gas guzzlers in the driveway was out of the question, but this is where our current needs in life have brought us. I’m excited to learn about my new Sub from y’all and to contribute to this community

View attachment 227635 View attachment 227636 View attachment 227637 View attachment 227638

Nice! Wheel upgrade already, huh?

OP
OP
ItstheHOFF

ItstheHOFF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It came like that, it’s used of course. Previous owner gave it quite the treats. The XD wheels you see, with fairly new Toyo AT-II’s, level kit, and a k&n intake. Gonna try to dechrome when I get some money, but a lot of baby expenses are priority right now

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Derek. You'll love the room and although the economy is lacking at least you don't have to take two vehicles everywhere:waytogo:
:welcome:

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Derek. You'll love the room and although the fuel economy is lacking at least you don't have to take two vehicles everywhere :waytogo:

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Derek. You'll love the room and although the fuel economy is lacking at least you don't have to take two vehicles everywhere :waytogo:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! This Forum is a great place to exchange knowledge and ideas, as well as get questions answered. I have found it to be extremely helpful to me and my truck.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing the story and congrats on the growing family. This is an informative and helpful site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645