Hello everyone my name is Rick and i just got a new to me 99 Tahoe 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kustom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello my name is Rick I am new to this site and my 1999 Tahoe. Hopefully someone on here can guide me in the right direction with the elc issue i am having with my 99 tahoe. Recently bought this truck and everything worked well but about 2 weeks ago i started smelling what i thought was a wire burning but everything was working fine. Then a few days later the panel lights stopped working so i checked all the fuses and they where all good and the panel light came back on ???? This happened a few more times until it finally blow #9 fuse. It had a 30 amp and not the propper 20 amp so it look to me the old owner had this issue before. I replaced it with a new 20 amp but no panel lights and i also see have no tail light . I double checked at the fuse panel and i do have 12 v in & out of the new 20 amp fuse so i replaced the whole light switch assy but still have no panel or tail lights. I also now see the old owner has been working on the wiring under the dash and have found a few burned and new 30 amp fuses in the ash tray. So i am thinking there must be an interment short or bad ground somewhere. An help would be greatly apreacheated. Sorry for the bad spelling