Hello everyone. I have a head scratcher for you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bandit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nope those were fine (head grounds) the grounds i am in ref to is the ones that ground to the intake. I have to drive it tomorrow to work so we shall fine out if i was right! about the grounds

OP
OP
B

Bandit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nope those were fine (head grounds) the grounds i am in ref to is the ones that ground to the intake. I have to drive it tomorrow to work so we shall fine out if i was right! about the grounds

maryshusband

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 1995 GMC YUKON 5.7 that is taking me for a loop. I just rebuilt the top half of the motor. anything touched was replaced with new parts. no cheapy. ac delco only.
Here is the problem at hand.
Wife driving to work monday morning and the truck was fine at the red light. Light turned green and she went to go and the truck died. no restart. I showed up to save the day and there is no fuel pump humming. <ie> bad fuel pump. I ordered in a NEW ac delco fuel pump. reading some of the forums, Google alot. come to find out the GROUND at the FUEL pump RELAY is INOP> no ground! ok jumped relay bang the pump starts! yay....NOPE tried to start no fire! it wont fire up! I am stressed and now I need YOUR help. I am all ears on what to do and where to look.
Please and Thank you for all information in fixing this truck. If I cant fix the truck I might be having a BON FIRE WITH IT!!!! and its the kindling!
Thanks,
Jack
My 99 Suburban did the same thing. My problen was the cam sensor. Mine is easy and located in the distributor

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok update. came home after work (now) turn the key on the on position nothing. went to the right side head to grab a hold of the ground wires and before actually grabbing them <ie> (as hand was entering between firewall and head) the fuel pump kicked on. waited for it to cycle. got off the bumper and went inside truck and it started!!!!! unknown what was touch moved or rubbed currently to fix or diagnose the issue. waiting for the am to be able to see as well as hopefully less mosquito's still up for advise. it anit over till this fat yukon pig sings!!!!
It could be a faulty oil pressure switch. There is a circuit in the oil pressure switch that connects to the fuel pump circuit. How do I know? I would turn off my truck, and would hear my fuel pump still running with the key off. The circuit had failed closed and would run direct battery. Yours could be failed open, or the connector may be loose or dirty. It is at the very back of the intake by the distributor. Oh crap! Just noticed the original post was from 2012!!! Lol

Last edited: