Hello All

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the front struts have not been replaced your truck is probably driving very stiff. Replace the front struts OEM only.

OP
OP
B

bad_idea

Reaction score
The range disables the DOD which cause lifters to collapse. It only works for the 2018 not the 2019-2020 with rhe 10-speed. Also you should change the oil using Dexo 1 certification. The lifters usually have issues around 60k and up. I would change the VLOM right away if your truck has not had the lifters done yet. Your truck is beautiful. The Michelin Defender is a better tire. You should change the license plate bulbs to LED 921 which they sell at autozone. Check the A/C filter to see if it has been changed. I updated my map data to 2023.
Bro... there are so many abbreviations in this post I am not following. I am fairly mechanically inclined - have built a couple older cars. But have little experience with the newer stuff.

What is a DOD? I work for the Department of Defense, but I do not believe that is what you are referring to.
What is a VLOM?

Also, the license plate light seems like a very random thing to upgrade. Why do you suggest upgrading the bulb?

Those are the tires that came on it. I'll run them till they are worn out and then look at new tires then.

Will check the HVAC filter. Thanks.

I assume the map data is for the onboard navigation system? I'm not paying GM for data usage, I'll use CarPlay to use the maps on my phone. (I assume that's how that works, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Thank you for the help. Genuinely mean that, looking to get a solid 10-15 years out of this vehicle with minimal issues. I appreciate any input that will extend service life.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bad_idea

Reaction score
If the front struts have not been replaced your truck is probably driving very stiff. Replace the front struts OEM only.

I have magneride on the truck. I have been looking into deleting that and changing the suspension over to a more traditional setup. I would have bought one without magneride, but this one was a good deal. Fortunately the truck is riding nice right now, so no need to worry about it right this minute.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DOD a.k.a AFM refers to the way the engine shuts off cylinders while running for better fuel economy.

VLOM is a component related to the AFM system. I'm not well versed on this because I can use a range Device to electronically keep the AFM turned off. It is something that has to do with the oil pressure/distribution for the AFM lifters. Basically just stay super A N A L about keeping clean oil and a good filter on it and that should help mitigate any failures due to components getting gunned up with age.

As for the magna-ride. I'd just run what you brung until it gives a service light or the ride goes to shit. If you don't travel on crappy roads full of potholes like the Chitcago area, the struts will last a long time.

Just enjoy you new ride. I love the color!

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have magneride on the truck. I have been looking into deleting that and changing the suspension over to a more traditional setup. I would have bought one without magneride, but this one was a good deal. Fortunately the truck is riding nice right now, so no need to worry about it right this minute.
Magride is the best feature for the truck. I had a 2008 with electronic suspension and a 2016 LT w/o any dampers, just regular looking shocks. I had my Escalade & Tahoe at the same time. Good thing I was leasing the Tahoe. Every time I drove the Tahoe I would regret not getting the LTZ magride. I rarely drove the Tahoe and ending up driving my Escalade 70 percent of the time. If my Tahoe had magride I would have kept it after the lease. When the shocks/struts are good they are awesome. Typically the fronts fail at 60-70k & rears at 100-110k.