Heated versus non-heated side mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colorado Yeti

Reaction score
A few months ago I broke the mirror housing of my passenger side mirror on my 99 2-door Tahoe pulling out of the garage one morning. My truck is absolutely perfect without a scratch and it's bothering me. I went to order a used mirror and they are asking me if it is a heated or non-heated mirror. How in the world could you tell the difference from the look? I don't recall it ever icing over in the winter but that doesn't mean much. BTW....the truck has pretty much every option you could get in 1999.

Thanks everyone!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
A few months ago I broke the mirror housing of my passenger side mirror on my 99 2-door Tahoe pulling out of the garage one morning. My truck is absolutely perfect without a scratch and it's bothering me. I went to order a used mirror and they are asking me if it is a heated or non-heated mirror. How in the world could you tell the difference from the look? I don't recall it ever icing over in the winter but that doesn't mean much. BTW....the truck has pretty much every option you could get in 1999.

Thanks everyone!

Check your glove box for the RPO codes. Which D codes do you have?

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the lower inside corner of the mirror glass itself if you have the glass heat emblem rectangle with three squiggly lines , its heated. Alternatively you can turn on the rear defroster button, which also controls the heated mirrors and IR gun the mirror glass, you'll see a change in temp if they are heated.
Regards
Tbruz

OP
OP
Colorado Yeti

Colorado Yeti

Reaction score
No triple lines so no heated mirror. Guess I'm not surprised since the truck came from Tennessee. Thanks everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094