Heated Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buffalown

Reaction score
From GM Authority: "While GM has managed to bring the heated steering wheel back to the order books for these two SUVs, there are still supply constraints related to other power/electronic features on the Tahoe and Suburban due to the chip shortage. This includes Heated Front Seats, Ventilated Front Seats, Heated Outboard Rear Seats and Front and Rear Park Assist. It’s currently unclear when these items will be re-added to the vehicle’s list of options, but rest assured, GM Authority will be the first to report on the matter once we get more information."

can anyone with a recent build confirm that heated seats are now not being produced?

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't conc
From GM Authority: "While GM has managed to bring the heated steering wheel back to the order books for these two SUVs, there are still supply constraints related to other power/electronic features on the Tahoe and Suburban due to the chip shortage. This includes Heated Front Seats, Ventilated Front Seats, Heated Outboard Rear Seats and Front and Rear Park Assist. It’s currently unclear when these items will be re-added to the vehicle’s list of options, but rest assured, GM Authority will be the first to report on the matter once we get more information."

can anyone with a recent
I can't confirm where they are at currently, but if they are not being shipped with heated seats, etc. pretty sure they are being retrofitted so when the chips are available the dealer can get them working on your vehicle.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was browsing some window stickers this morning and found an in-transit Yukon SLT that says "Not equipped with front and rear heated seats - includes later retrofit" - $50 credit.

OP
OP
Buffalown

Buffalown

Reaction score
I was browsing some window stickers this morning and found an in-transit Yukon SLT that says "Not equipped with front and rear heated seats - includes later retrofit" - $50 credit.
I saw the same thing that’s what made me look on GM authority to see if I could find anything then read that article. Very disappointing after this long of a wait and for that much money to say the least

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new Silverado HC that’s in transit has everything but heated rear seats, no parking sensors and was missing the rear wheelhouse liners. But my dealer snagged some liners off another truck there and putting on mine.

drmoose

Reaction score
so my build is in transit (TPW 3/14). The dealer listing for it says:
-Not Equipped with Heated Steering Wheel (-$25)
-Not Equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist (-$50)
-Not Equipped with Heated or Ventilated Front Seats (-$50)
-Not Equipped with Steering Column Lock (-50)

Presumably all of these will be retrofitted later. They better be!

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen that the steering column lock has been unavailable for a long time now, what exactly is this? I picture the old style locked steering column with ignition key off, but today's steering column is different.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen that the steering column lock has been unavailable for a long time now, what exactly is this? I picture the old style locked steering column with ignition key off, but today's steering column is different.
Thats basically what it is, locks the steering column in position when ignition off, is an anti-theft feature...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia