heated seat problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been having the same problem for the last 5k or so miles (102k atm). the dealer quoted me 950 to replace drivers side heating element, so after reading the other big thread, i decided i could do this myself. i yanked the seat portion, and it was burned up pretty good, so i bought one from rockauto for $50 and did it myself. same problem still. dealer basically told me theres too much computer stuff to diagnose and it wouldnt be worth the money to even worry about it. so now my butt is cold while my wife is nice and toasty

nicegy31

Reaction score
Re heated seat

I must say check the wire harness under the seat. I had the same problem the heated seats worked then stopped working I found out that when I touched the harness under the seat the heated seats started working again. I ordered make and female connectors and will use those instead of the tahoe harness. Good luck...

nicegy31

Reaction score
Check under the drivers seat. I had the same problem and I corrected it by using a male and female connector. I think after a while the heated seats take their toll on the connector. There are two thick wires under your seat the black one and I think orange. I just cut them and use insulated male/female connectors and have not had the problem since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24