Heads Up Display (HUD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arhino

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I believe it also uses a different windshield. I test drove an Arcadia with it and it appeared the windshield was different where the hud actually reflects.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one I can answer, yes it "requires" a different windshield but it also requires the up level 2016 cluster and custom programming as the cluster is the portion that drives the HUD.

Duplic8tor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys. First post here, but longtime lurker. I own a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali. I'm wanting to add HUD as well. I know this much, the part listed above (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Tahoe-Suburban-Yukon-Denali-HUD-Projector-OEM-23474646-New-/231785093435?fits=Model:Tahoe&hash=item35f777d93b:g:Gc0AAOSw5IJWcG2m&vxp=mtr) can be installed, but how do you remove the top of the dash? Also, it requires a larger opening than is in the dash without the HUD. Where can I find that and how much is it? The HUD equipped units have a larger cut out in the dash. The windshield already is reflective, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Also, the buttons for the HUD controls need to be installed which require a new trim panel
(With cutouts) and of course the buttons/controls. These were available in the 2015 models, but wasn't in mine front the factory. This is a feature I really want very badly and I'm hoping someone can give me part #s for the following:

HUD projector lamp
Harness (not sure if already in the panel)
Dash trim with HUD control cutout
Dashboard with HUD (larger) opening (directly above the steering wheel)

Your help is appreciated. TIA.
-Doop

Last edited:

shaft

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dupic8tor,
Just wondering if you made any progress in your search? I'm very curious if this retrofit is possible.

shaft

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a '15 Denali XL, does this still require programming or just the parts?

shaft

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks GTPprix,
Im new here, is there a website that sells this or with more information regarding the cost and process?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is we do the custom programming to enable the hud have had a few guys do it on the pickups.

Please do elaborate. How do they add it on the pickups?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wooshca01