Headlights need to match led light pods!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m running theses LED Clicky they are 6k on the temperature spectrum and super bright.. They match the DRLs of the Yukon. I would not run them if you do t have projectors because they are blinding bright if the light is not focused.
different system completely they are talking about gmt800 and incandescent housings and I agree with them HID is the way to go, even though you CAN find projector housings for them they are generally not very good quality.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I second that. I like they run with less heat, other than that not a fan because of what @bigdog9191999 posted above. I'd be all about them if they had a warmer tint. Problem is when I drive at night, the blue really is uncomfortable to drive with. Might be otherwise for some folks though. Has been tempting not buying them for at least the DRLs though as the filament bulbs really mess up the sockets. They're so HOT.
I changed over DRL to LED for that reason... The sockets were getting a little toasty and the LED only drew something like 1.5W.
Back-up lights were recent LED upgrade this week. Sorry I waited so long to do that... WOW!

To OP: Not sure if this is possible, but this is what I might try looking into, if it were me...

You might be able to locate the technical specs for the make/model of pods you have to see what LED chip they are using.
There aren't that many LED chip makers (CREE, etc.).
If you know what model#/part#/chip# you have, you might be able to look for specific lights to match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo