Headlights look dim on a new Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doverpoint

Reaction score
2017 Tahoe, and lights are dim. I am going to try and align them downward a bit.

chevyguy04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 22 Denali and agree the headlights seem dim, I have the air suspension so it rides fairly level so I am going to see if I can adjust. But as I’m typing this a 21 or 22 Tahoe pulled up in the parking spot next to me and we are parked up against a wall and theirs are a lot brighter. May have to have it checked with the dealer.

I had the headlights on in the sunshine issue, it was just in for a service and their happens to be a DRL recall, they updated the software, but it hasn’t been a sunny day since to know if they stay off. On a gloomy day they are working properly

GChahal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone else on here feel like their headlights are dim when driving at night???

it seems as if the LED is drowned out and not projecting. If anyone has had this concern, how did you resolve?
I agree, the headlights on my 2021 Yukon Denali are not the brightest. I’ve had the DRL recall done as well but no difference. I wonder if there are any brighter after market options. If anyone knows please do share. Thanks.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried taking it to dealer ti make sure the headlights are properly aligned? Ut is possible they are not aimed correctly. My 23 Tahoe has the brightest headlights i have ever had on a vehicle. I dont even need fogs or high beams. I would love fog lights but not required for me.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove a ‘21 Yukon XL SLT for over 2 months and I too thought the headlights were lacking a bit. They were somewhat acceptable, but the output surely didn’t wow me. I have experienced brighter headlights from other lower priced vehicles.

Any aftermarket option would have to be an entire headlight assembly as the LED chips are integrated into the projector housing.

Unless someone wanted to invest in some higher quality brighter LED chips, open up the headlight assembly and remove factory LED chips and solder in the upgraded ones.

One would probably have to open up a Yukon headlight first and determine what the factory LED chips were to know what chips could be a potential upgrade.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confidently say that the LED headlights on my wife's 2019 Escalade ESV are brighter than the 2021+ Yukon LED headlights.

Maybe that was intentional? Haven't had any experience with the 2021+ Escalade headlights to know if they are much brighter than the 2021+ Yukon.

Last edited:

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seems plenty bright when driving. Viewed from outside, not so much. I think there's just not much light "spillage" which I see as a good thing.

GChahal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone else on here feel like their headlights are dim when driving at night???

it seems as if the LED is drowned out and not projecting. If anyone has had this concern, how did

Are there any aftermarket options available?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts