Headlights look dim on a new Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acapote86

Reaction score
Does anyone else on here feel like their headlights are dim when driving at night???

it seems as if the LED is drowned out and not projecting. If anyone has had this concern, how did you resolve?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else on here feel like their headlights are dim when driving at night???

it seems as if the LED is drowned out and not projecting. If anyone has had this concern, how did you resolve?
I haven't heard of anything on the new trucks but you could always bring your concern to the dealer and ask them to check the alignment and check the output with a lux meter, which they should have but not 100% certain.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could have the faulty headlight sensor issue that causes headlights to come on during the day, not sure if they are reversed and don't come on at night...meaning you're only seeing the lights the DRL's are providing. Worth investigating if you can see the reflections of the headlights vs. DRL's on the back of another car in the dark.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could have the faulty headlight sensor issue that causes headlights to come on during the day, not sure if they are reversed and don't come on at night...meaning you're only seeing the lights the DRL's are providing. Worth investigating if you can see the reflections of the headlights vs. DRL's on the back of another car in the dark.
Relatively easy to figure out, reach down and manually activate the headlights...Does the green headlight indicator go on on the dash.
If so, then get out and look at the headlights, they should be on. If only the DRL are on, the headlights will be off, and the LED Light Pipe which outlines the headlight area will be lit, which is ONLY the DRL.

I think the headlights are really good, and highly effective.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was initially undwhelmed with mine, but they seem to be appropriately lit, without being a hazard to other drivers. They are right at eye level of someone driving in a smaller vehicle, so I can see why people flash me thinking my high beams are on.

That being said, I turn on my fog lights 100% of the time to even out the ground coverage for rolling hills to avoid shadows.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All headlight modules have adjustment, at least in the Z-axis. If you're getting flashed by oncoming drivers, you should bring them down a tad - it doesn't take much to make a difference to oncoming drivers and you won't notice any reduction in performance. All production lines have an end-of-line headlight adjustment process. Usually it involves a person looking at a computer screen and using an electric drill to adjust the headlight until the screen gives a green light. It's very plausible this didn't happen or they adjusted it right to the upper limit and called it a day.

jonnyb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've installed the brightest headlamps I could find! Also, installed brightest fog lights as well and use them 100% of the time - aim them up a bit - it really works well. My vehicle - 2004 yukon xl

grbmds1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've installed the brightest headlamps I could find! Also, installed brightest fog lights as well and use them 100% of the time - aim them up a bit - it really works well. My vehicle - 2004 yukon xl
2015 here, What headlamps and fog lights did you get? I have halogens right now.

JGinLA

Reaction score
I saw overpasses illuminated better than the roadway my '22 Tahoe was on. Brought lights down just a touch, I'm happier, oncoming drivers are happier. My '15 Camaro left the factory even higher. Wife's '18 Colorado was perfect. I go back to dimmer switches on the floor, Javelins, LTD's and Crown Vics etc. on the job. If I was driving it every night, it would be aimed right.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter