Headlight Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
So I've had my HIDs for around 6 months with no problems. Today I had no HIDs. I checked the fuses, and they were both blown, so I replaced them with no luck. I used my mutimeter and found out the ballast and factory plug were getting power, and didn't find anything wrong with any of the wires. I put the old halogens in and they work fine. I am thinking HID relays would allow them to work, suggestions?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if the fuses were blown, and replacing them didn't correct the issue, and the ballasts had power... why assume they need more amperage? are they flickering but not igniting?

OP
OP
jomulk56

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
well if the fuses were blown, and replacing them didn't correct the issue, and the ballasts had power... why assume they need more amperage? are they flickering but not igniting?

They aren't doing anything, not even flickering. That's why I'm stumped.

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
Looks like you're shorting to ground somewhere at or after the ballast. Check the resistance on the harness with the fuses out and the bulbs unplugged. If you're getting continuity, you have a short somewhere in the harness/ballast between the fuse and the bulbs.

OP
OP
jomulk56

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I'm going to tackle it this weekend. I messed around with it a little bit today, but got distracted and ran out of daylight. Found out my DRL sensor was bad, and something (squirel or mouse) chewed the wires for the #4 injector connector. Dealer didn't have the splice in connector or the sensor. They said use butt connectors to fix the wire harness, so it's fixed now.

OP
OP
jomulk56

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Just an update. Did some more testing and found out it was a bad ballast. I'll be calling DDM tomorrow for a replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaptainkhaos58