Headers Install - difficult?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
so Max says it took him about 5 hours using the lift, and probably a few extra sweet shop tools that many of us weekend warriors dont have access too.

All that being said, how long do you guys think this task would take the average guy with standard issue tools?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It took about 3 hours to get my LT headers lined up and in place with all the cutting and welding taking another 3-4 hours. The cat converters are a tight fit.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I have the AEMs, however I had to modify the stock Y pipe to fit, especially the cat converters.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
the y pipe. I had to remove my entire stock exhaust and sawzall my stock y pipe. I'm confident I could do another set in 2hrs if I hustled. you can do it with hand tools thats all I used most of the time. air ratchet is mad handy tho.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
arent they a complete bolt on when you buy the ORY with it? or am i misunderstanding something?

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yea i dont think i will be getting AEMs... as sad as it makes me, i just cant afford to put the stuff i want on the hoe. I really like the look of those LPP's, but i still have yet to hear any data on the performance, i really dont want to use pacesetterst though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruzic99