Having major trouble with a dealer. Anyone have any advice on how to proceed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense you have a vehicle you can be repair because of repair parts in parts department has and other vehicles that they are overnighted parts, and other vehicle may be week before part come in so since first vehicle came in first dealer is waiting for a week for part and one that came in fifth that parts are in parts dept and that have to wait until first vehicle parts come in a week. Get out of here.
Four vehicles with same trans repair
I know in occupation I have we get behind you work extra hours or other employees on job until problem solved. This story not enough techs others step up an utilize what you have.
Yes. But the order cars are seen is first come first serve. It's not diagnosed first. It's dispatched first. So parts availability is not known yet. But in case you are waiting you push it out and move on till your parts arrive. Most techs only have 2 bays maybe 3 if your good. Flat rate labor is a blessing and curse.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 days is a long time waiting for your $70k rig, I’d continue up the chain of command, u didn’t get a loaner yet and I’d be pissed driving a dirty 2018 equinox vs my new Tahoe/yukon, sounds like OP has been reasonable and more patient than I would be ha, and yes it’s very clear the govt is out to get us durayuk lol

OP
OP
Donnation

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I'm not trying to start anything other then the matter at hand. This is a car forum not a high school cafeteria with all the different cliques sitting at different tables.

But if you insist on examples ; You personally attacked me by going thru my post history and saying that I'm unliked etc, calling to question my age and experiences , saying that I must be old based on my analogies , said that im a company shill, dealership shill, should we go on? Bullying and politics have no place here. I could care less about it just shows where your head is at.....its HOTTTT! I'm on this forum to learn and read and to help. But clearly I've hit a nerve because I'm not the hurry get the manager type over nothing.

I didn’t go through your post history. I couldn’t care less about your post history. I said multiple people have messaged me regarding your behavior and post history and you clearly shill for GM, which you’ve admitted to being a former employee of. I’m not sure how that’s a personal attack, but sure.

You claiming my head is HOTT is a personal attack oh no!!!!! Your posts are “I’m right and everyone else is wrong and a Karen and a hot head. Its laughable and its why everyone in here disagrees with you.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t go through your post history. I couldn’t care less about your post history. I said multiple people have messaged me regarding your behavior and post history and you clearly shill for GM, which you’ve admitted to being a former employee of. I’m not sure how that’s a personal attack, but sure.

You claiming my head is HOTT is a personal attack oh no!!!!! Your posts are “I’m right and everyone else is wrong and a Karen and a hot head. Its laughable and its why everyone in here disagrees with you.
Idk man. Im regularly here helping people with diag and repair and calling misdiagnosis out. Shame on me I suppose.

Passion can be misconstrued as arrogance.

Regardless Awaiting the final update.

OP
OP
Donnation

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, as expected, the dealer LIED again. They told me in person that someone would call me this morning with an update on what was being tried to get the vehicle up and running. They didn’t say “We’ll call you,” they said “We will absolutely 100% give you a call first thing Monday morning and let you know the status of your vehicle. We apologize the communication has been so poor, we will put someone else on it if you’d like. This is definitely not the norm.”

The service advisor also LIED and said he’d have a loaner vehicle first thing this morning. Time for me to pull the vehicle and take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Tell me again how they weren’t lying @DuraYuk…

OP
OP
Donnation

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This gets better and better. The Service advisor finally texted me back and said he has assigned my vehicle to a different service tech now but unfortunately the tech has called in sick today. He didn’t even mention the loaner vehicle and now I don’t want it. They can shove it up their *****.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would assume that dealership is either too busy in their service department and short handed on staff which is very common right now and/or your vehicle got lost on the service schedule and they totally dropped the ball which is unfortunate for you.
You should make some phone calls to local dealers and see who is most readily available to help you.
Edit: so yea it sounds like they just really dropped the ball and never really had anyone working on your car, it got lost in the shuffle…that sucks

Last edited:

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just software problem?
Have them put battery in under warranty and get vehicle to another dealer.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, as expected, the dealer LIED again. They told me in person that someone would call me this morning with an update on what was being tried to get the vehicle up and running. They didn’t say “We’ll call you,” they said “We will absolutely 100% give you a call first thing Monday morning and let you know the status of your vehicle. We apologize the communication has been so poor, we will put someone else on it if you’d like. This is definitely not the norm.”

The service advisor also LIED and said he’d have a loaner vehicle first thing this morning. Time for me to pull the vehicle and take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Tell me again how they weren’t lying @DuraYuk…
That is unfortunate. Sounds like they purging you from the system because they know the survey will be trash. About what I expected based on your experience and back and forth. The surveys are really important to the service department.

Hopefully you have better luck at another place. Curious to see how this gets resolved.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to tell you to go to the dealership and ask to see the service director/manager, but after looking at their website under the staff no service manager to be found, so that may explain the complete cluster you are experiencing? Personally I would get the vehicle out of there ASAP and to another dealer. If you do want to continue with them I still would visit there, ask for the service manager and if they tell you he is not available (highly likely) then ask to speak to the General Manager (not sales manager) of the dealership. He/She will be the top person you can see as it appears the owner(s) have several stores so you will never get in touch with an owner.
From someone who spent 30+ years in the auto business (much of it with GM) and now retired