Have you heard of DuraBurb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of, or had any experience with, a company called DuraBurbinc. (DuraBurb)?

Here is one of his videos with a 2009 Suburban-
[yt]UCmONI_sanE&lr=1&feature=mhee[/yt]
His main channel is located HERE.

I was on another forum the other day, and someone mentioned putting a Duramax diesel engine in their Tahoe. A representative from Duraburb posted in his thread, and linked to some of his videos. They look rather neat!! I was able to find a little information about them. Apparently, they are located in Florida. I was not able to get any definitive answers on the cost involved. I am NOT planning on doing this modification, but it does sound interesting. I thought I would put it out to the forum members to see what you thought and/or know.

HD4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are sweet! A guy in another club I used to belong to had one of these 2 years ago and towed his race car with it. Was in an 05 Burb

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing new really... There's a company out there that was retrofitting the Avalanches with Duramax's when they first came out.. I think they were called Mash Motorsports. The do it to H2s also...

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DuraBurb does some amazing retro- fits. I've watched some of their videos and their integration is flawless.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wish the diesel was an OEM option on the Tahoe. Duraburb been around a while and I like their retrofits. Maybe when the 5.3L goes...

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When with a buddy to FL and saw there operation.. asked many questions.. GREAT people.. they charge for there research, and sourcing the engine< and labor..

It can be done for less.. Trust me... and there are other Diesel options...

THIS guy has alot of the parts needed in his garage.. for when the time comes... hehehehe shuu

The Pawnbroker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hadn't seen this before. I didn't know anyone was doing it on this scale. Very nice engineering all around. I've been wanting a diesel SUV ever since I sold my Excursion. Wow. Now I just have to figure out how this fits into my vehicle situation! I just bought this Tahoe a couple of months ago...

I'm thinking that it really is overkill at least money wise to do it in a Tahoe. But it makes all kinds of sense in a Suburban.

Does anyone have a source for the mirrors on the Suburban? jdpber it looks like you may have the same mirrors.

Thanks,

Dave.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea man i have the HD tow mirrors...... there are some on ebay.. just have to make sure you get 01-02 or 03-06 or 07-11 depending on what year your truck is... mine are Power + heated and power.. there are a few diffrent ones...

manual
power
power + Heat
Power + Heat + Signal

and as you guess they go up in price with the options.. i think you can get the manual set for like $150 area.. and the high end of $500 but there are deals you have to hunt... its a 15 min mod.. and good lord i can see everything,..... so worth it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlazinMilk