Hate the seats in my 2016 Suburban LTZ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think GM tried to match horribly uncomfortable seats with the horribly uncomfortable ride in 15+... :(. The only improvements I found over my previous 03 LT, are fuel economy, interior space, and electronics.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience has been this. You go back to the 90's Suburban, the seats are awesome, it is like sitting on a cloud. Then came the next generation, same thing, seats are super comfortable, plush, and you snuggle on in. Come 2007, the seats are ok, a bit on the narrow side, but they are ok for comfortable, You drive it for 50,000 miles and it starts to take the shape of your butt and back, and becomes more and more comfortable as time goes on. Finally the newest seats are the least comfortable.

Every time I ride with my friend in his 04 Suburban it is so awesome, I could recline back and take a nap. My 07 sucks in comparison, but my imprint is becoming part of the vehicle at 70K miles of ownership.

The most comfortable seats seem to be those seats that have little to no adjustments. The old cars without lumbar and bolster support seem to be better sitting than anything newer.

rico387

Reaction score
If you're willing to pony up the money, the final solution would be installing Recaro Ergomed seats. They'll match whatever color/leather/fabric you can think of. They are adjustable beyond any factory seats and have built in air bag options. They run around 5k.

skychair

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else cringe when they see these seats before a long trip? Is there ANY way to make them more comfortable? Chevy seats used to be the most comfortable thing out there, but my wife and I hate these. My father in law has an Escalade. Seats are shaped a bit different, but just as hard.

View attachment 85160
The seats in my 99 Yukon, are a main reason I've had it for 18 years, leather very easy on the a$$

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm one that prefers the newer style seats. I can't stand the era where seats were like pillows with horrible ergonomics. I prefer contoured support as in the euro style. If I were napping and watching a movie, maybe I'd take the 80s style conversion van style seats.

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to mention maybe its the size of the driver/passenger, but I am 6'5/325 and my 12 year old daughter is 5'2/100 (barely) and she loves the passenger seat and I love the driver seat. Maybe its the comfort from getting into the 17 Tahoe LT vs the 13 Ram 2500 ST.

Nicole Hand

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the seats in my '17 Yukon Denali are awful! I read an article recently that explained a lot. In general, society has very poor posture. Seats are now being manufactured to fit this poor posture to ensure safety for those people. As a result, seat backs are kind of curved with head rests coming forward to fit a misaligned and curved forward spine and neck. This is safer for those with poor posture. Those of us who have good posture suffer, because we are pushed into an ergonomically incorrect position. It stinks. I have tried every adjustment and can't get comfy. Plus, my lumbar support will not stay inflated.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take it to the Dealer for the lumbar support issue. You have a 10 way adjustable seat:front, back, up and down. If you can't get it adjusted with all the adjustments available then this may not be the vehicle for you. I have been on this forum for a while and I don't remember seeing this type of complaint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288