Has anyone installed Z71 nerf bars and body trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpaeltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like it says, I like the look of the stock z71s over my lt. How easy is the swap?

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
You can run the flares and steps but not the bottom moulding. That is rivited in to the body

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes Ive had to replace mine and the mouldings require @20, 3/4'' rivets. If you dont already have the Z71 package you have to drill the holes for the moulding brackets to rivet into. Without already having the holes there from the factory it would be a PITA to know exactly where the bracket needs to be mounted for the mouldings to fit properly. And these holes arent up and out of the way, they are right under the body of the door so can easily be seen from under side if it wasnt done right. The stock z71 brackets i belive would go right up but IMO without the moulding would look funny cause theres about 5 mounts going to the body that the mouldings hide, you would be better off with aftermarket nerf bars rather than factory if the moulding doesnt go on

Last edited:

mrgronz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where would one get said Z71 body trimould also like to add the Z71 trim to my stock Tahoe. But I can't find the trim pieces anywhere. Help!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts