Has anyone had a leaking gas tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkssv08tahoe

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am just wondering if anyone has had a leaking gas tank on there SSV Tahoe's. I think mine is leaking and I can smell gas and see fluid on the bottom of it. It looks like the tanks are plastic. I am going to try and drop the tank this weekend and see what is going on. I hope it is a bad line that is just leaking. But if it is the tank.

Has anyone replaced there gas tank. I looked on Rockauto and do not see them for sale. Any other place I could order 1 from if the tank is leaking?

Thanks Jason

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hope for you its not the tank. i found a couple mainly gm parts direct type place for the tune if 670ish

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than likely, it's the lines going into the fuel pump at the top of the tank.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the top of the pump are steel lines that are prone to rusting out so when the pump turns on, gas leaks out onto the top of the tank where there is a large indentation which can fill with fuel until it overflows and runs down the side of the tank. The plastic tanks almost never fail.

OP
OP
J

jkssv08tahoe

Reaction score
At the top of the pump are steel lines that are prone to rusting out so when the pump turns on, gas leaks out onto the top of the tank where there is a large indentation which can fill with fuel until it overflows and runs down the side of the tank. The plastic tanks almost never fail.

DING DING DING. THis is exactly what happen. The pump steel lines are rotted out. I ordered a new pump and now have to work on getting the old ring off. It is so rusted on thou. I let it soak in a pool of penetrating fluid overnight and I just got home and will go and try and se if I can get the ring off.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
DING DING DING. THis is exactly what happen. The pump steel lines are rotted out. I ordered a new pump and now have to work on getting the old ring off. It is so rusted on thou. I let it soak in a pool of penetrating fluid overnight and I just got home and will go and try and se if I can get the ring off.

Big screwdriver + big hammer = ring off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts