Hail damaged cars!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like some have mentioned, I would see what kind of a discount you get and factor in a how much a dent guy would charge. Could be a steal

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expect $10-12k in PDR fix plus replace the chrome trim that is damaged. It all can be fixed. Some dealers even use PDR shops to fix their hail dented cars after insurance has paid out.

houstontaylor

Reaction score
I believe the sheet metal might be thinner these days for gas mileage efficiency but worse hail damage resistance.?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the sheet metal might be thinner these days for gas mileage efficiency but worse hail damage resistance.?
On the 21+ generation the hood, doors and tailgate are aluminum. Roof and fenders are steel.

I still see dents on the steel roof of these rigs, but you're right they are all optimizing body panel thicknesses for both weight and cost.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sheet metal isn't always that thin. I got a Ford Focus once that hail drove the snot out of that car.d been in a major hail storm. I got it cheap and had a new windshield put in. The windshield posts are NOT thin metal. They are designed to hold the car up if it rolls over. The posts had three dents in them.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expect $10-12k in PDR fix plus replace the chrome trim that is damaged. It all can be fixed. Some dealers even use PDR shops to fix their hail dented cars after insurance has paid out.
Local Subie dealer repaired all their cars with a PDR guy and is selling them as new. No discount for previously damaged cars.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cheaper (in the long run) to 'provide armored shade' for the entire dealership?
yep one time cost for carport type cover
paint and metal is crap after 2014, you can breath heavy on it and make a dent I see plenty of 15+ wiith chipped paint all the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn