H3 Engine Mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Seems as though hydraulic fluid embedded inside a rubber mount would have a shelf life. Purchasing a 2-3 year old NOS hydra mount that was baking in Las Vegas part warehouse would short any motor mount or rubber part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems as though hydraulic fluid embedded inside a rubber mount would have a shelf life. Purchasing a 2-3 year old NOS hydra mount that was baking in Las Vegas part warehouse would short any motor mount or rubber part.

Any warehouse is nowhere near as hot as nestled between an engine block and exhaust manifold. The rubber mounts on the prior generation GM trucks as well as millions of other cars and trucks of various makes and models don't seem to mind the heat much.

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Age, shelf time, environmental in that order. The recipe of the fluid in aftermarket mounts can also lead to it’s lifespan.

We all know what tight manufacturing processes they have in China. Hydraulic fluid and rubber don’t mix. If the recipe of the fluid is subpar and consumes the barrier between the mount and fluid, splat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts