Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latest sample. I'm calling it 69%

IMG_E5207.JPG

But it's calculating it as 56% :rolleyes:

IMG_5236.JPG

I got nine gallons of E85 and saw that Fuel Composition Learn went to "Active" right after leaving the gas station. Maybe 2-3 miles later, it was back to 56% and "Inactive" :mad:

I'll see what this current tank percentage is then probably switch back to E10 93.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the way to get that fuel, I hit a dip that's in a curve coming off the interstate and immediately got all the suspension warnings (Traction control Off, StabiliTrak Off, Service Suspension System, ABS light on, etc.). This has happened before under these exact same circumstances. It goes away after some driving and key on/off cycles. Wouldn't go away after this one so I checked for codes:

IMG_5244.JPG

I pulled off into a cane field, laid out a towel and checked the connector on the top of the frame rail and traced the wire to the sensor on the axle tube. Found nothing apparent. Got back on the road while monitoring and saw this:

IMG_5254.JPG

So, either a dead sensor or fault in the circuit. It happened when hitting that dip, so I'm now wondering if I have an axle moving just enough to contact the sensor. Surely my bearings aren't that bad. I'll try to find time to check it out soon.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest sample. I'm calling it 69%

View attachment 396320

But it's calculating it as 56% :rolleyes:

View attachment 396321

I got nine gallons of E85 and saw that Fuel Composition Learn went to "Active" right after leaving the gas station. Maybe 2-3 miles later, it was back to 56% and "Inactive" :mad:

I'll see what this current tank percentage is then probably switch back to E10 93.
Don’t you have the actual sensor in your rig..? Rather than the “calculator” typical with the GMT900? That’s annoying af that it’s not getting the correct percentage.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t you have the actual sensor in your rig..? Rather than the “calculator” typical with the GMT900? That’s annoying af that it’s not getting the correct percentage.

I don't because I haven't retrofitted (yet?). I was gonna do it then found that the "virtual sensor" was reporting MUCH more accurately, within 2% of actual, since replacing the O2 sensors. Now it's back to being way off. Not as bad as before when it was stuck around 22%. But still far enough off to be disadvantageous. Also, the really short learning cycle is an annoying mystery.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't because I haven't retrofitted (yet?). I was gonna do it then found that the "virtual sensor" was reporting MUCH more accurately, within 2% of actual, since replacing the O2 sensors. Now it's back to being way off. Not as bad as before when it was stuck around 22%. But still far enough off to be disadvantageous. Also, the really short learning cycle is an annoying mystery.
should be able to adjust learning cycle in the tune...
since youre a big tuner guy now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC