Group 65 battery in my burb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Derick

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted on fitment, please.

Do you plan on using an isolator?
I don't know on the isolator..... I don't have any electronics or bumpity bumps to protect.... So my gut is that I'm going to just run the cables to the main battery and that's it.

OP
OP
Derick

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update on this, I wanted to reply to my original thread but search wasn't working. Google got me here thankfully.

The verdict is in.

The 65 battery fits and works fine in the main battery box. I did have to take a few swipes of the file on the fitting block but it works fine.

Will report back on the secondary battery tray soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the opportunity to get a nice duralast gold battery at a discounted price. It looks like the specs call for a 48, but this is a 65....will it fit? Seems like the size is pretty close, I think the width is a hair larger.
you have the top posts correct?

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I have a cheese *** undersized battery in our 09 Esky that’s throwing codes if left in accessory mode for more than a few minutes. Time to get another Bosch H7/L4/94R AGM like the Denali is fitted with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your biggest issue will be how close the terminals are to the body brace above it. Grounding out the battery is bad...
H6 fits in the rigs i think some yukons have h7's

that is why you have a cover protector on it

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Bosch Platinum Series AGM Battery Group, Size H7/L4/94R Typically $145 when on sale 25% off. Won’t crap out due to extreme hot/cold. Made by Exide in USA. Use them in all our cars now. Optima’s quality went down the toilet since Johnson Control purchased them and moved factory to Mexico.

https://www.pepboys.com/bosch-platinum-series-agm-battery-group-size-h7-l4-94r/product/838845

Exide is no longer making Bosch AGM batteries or any that I can see. Pep Boys now sells Champion branded AGM made by Exide which now shows owned by .... wait for it .... Johnson Controls. They also sell a clone battery wrapped in AC Delco packaging with a smaller 3 year warranty and for $100 more. The Champion battery is still at a 4 year warranty exactly like the Bosch units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Derick

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clearance ain't a problem here. If I remember right when I was comparing specs, it was no taller than the previous specs.

20200429_183023.jpg