Ground sizzle after driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I park the ground below sizzles from what I guess is piping hot fluid coming off under engine/Cat area. Never had a car do this and my previous gen 6.2 did not.

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the gm performance exhaust and don’t believe it is coming from the weep hole.

Last edited:

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I just noticed something similar. Got home, was taking stuff out from front passenger side and noticed a “swooshing” sound like water in your mouth. I’m thinking wtf and had seen this thread. First time noticing that and it is hot today but had ac pretty low tho.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A/C low or high, it is gonna drip and get on whatever is below it and not always directly below it. Wind and turns can cause that condensation to drop out at an angle. Poorly designed for sure but no big deal. I don't own one but this concern is in many threads.

easymoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine sounds like bacon sizzling on a pan. I can see the water dripping onto the heat shield of the cat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia