Green fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we received a foot + of snow today, start up 2018 Tahoe to move out of driveway. Wife says green spots in the snow,I look yeah green spots. Looked like antifreeze. The only thing there is the rear ac lines above the tailpipe.Typical crimped metal to rubber combo. Moved to the dead end of my street to clean off move up a little no green spots. Possibly buried with the ton of fluffy stuff from the roof. In the teens here today. My question does anyone think or know if it is cold weather related. I had a 2008 Tahoe the oil cooler or maybe trans cooler lines dripped in my driveway at one point when the temps were in the teens. Temp went up drip went away? Or will system drain out and kill compressor when defrost is used? Green fluid didn't feel oily. Seems like a poor spot for ac lines above tailpipe constantly cooking it. Any info would be appreciated

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What colors are all your fluids? In other words, what could be green? Windshield washer, antifreeze (if not orange Dexcool)? The only other thing I can think of is A/C PAG oil.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we received a foot + of snow today, start up 2018 Tahoe to move out of driveway. Wife says green spots in the snow,I look yeah green spots. Looked like antifreeze. The only thing there is the rear ac lines above the tailpipe.Typical crimped metal to rubber combo. Moved to the dead end of my street to clean off move up a little no green spots. Possibly buried with the ton of fluffy stuff from the roof. In the teens here today. My question does anyone think or know if it is cold weather related. I had a 2008 Tahoe the oil cooler or maybe trans cooler lines dripped in my driveway at one point when the temps were in the teens. Temp went up drip went away? Or will system drain out and kill compressor when defrost is used? Green fluid didn't feel oily. Seems like a poor spot for ac lines above tailpipe constantly cooking it. Any info would be appreciated
The refrigerant is green. And yes, there are lines right above the tailpipe. Two of the lines are for the rear heater core, two more contain refrigerant. The cold may have caused a seal to leak for a time. Keep checking it and use OE o-rings/gaskets. I used some "high quality" aftermarket ones and had to evacuate, vacuum and refill the system all over again.

OP
OP
Kelsda

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What colors are all your fluids? In other words, what could be green? Windshield washer, antifreeze (if not orange Dexcool)? The only other thing I can think of is A/C PAG oil.
orange Dex cool, washer fluid blue,not brake fluid looked around nothing jumping out at me. Truck sat for 2 days so nothing from road. I have a few vehicles no leaks on a regular basis.makes me insane thanks I was thinking that myself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667