Gps/phone mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I have seen a lot of good ideas on the forum, and deciced to try one with my windshield phone mount. Took about 30 minutes to do, and it worked out great. I purchased the mount on amazon for 6 bucks with a car charger. It has a flexible mount that is about 8 inches long. The phone mount itself is removable and comes with vent mounts for when i use it in my wifes car. I took out the 3 inch cubby hole(where i really dont put anything), and drilled a 1 inch hole. i then dirlled 2 small holes in the suction part of the mount and matching holes in the cubby. I snaked the flexible part in and screwed in the mount. Use either self tapper screws, or nuts and bolts(your choice). Its sturdy. Put the cubby back, and the dash bezel before the mount. Snake the flexible arm in so you can have it up close to the dash or stretch it out as far as you want. Install the mount, the phone/gps and your done. Went around town and no bouncing or anything. looks bada$$ too when im driving around. Hope this is helpful for someone, and thanks to the forum for giving me the idea.

Attachments

• IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 79

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple cheap mounts for my boat and truck, do you remember the ebay sellers name that you bought them from by chance?

OP
OP
V

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it from amazon.com. The seller was Eforcity. Like I said for 6 bucks with the charger isn't bad. Just look under windshield mounts and you will find a big selection. Most of the sellers are here in the states so delivery is quick. Check it out. Hope this helps.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool man, thanks for the info, I'm gonna check them out!!

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

I found them but was wondering how sturdy is the setup and how well does the holder hold whats in it? I'm looking for one for my truck and boat but was wondering for mainly my boat!!

OP
OP
V

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the Yukon it doesn't bounce or move around, but its bolted down. I am also rolling on 22s in Illinois with all these potholes and the mount is sturdy. The grip on the mount holds tight. You push a button to release whatever you put on it. Now your boat I'm thinking as long as you bolt it down to something sturdy, you should be ok. I know you bounce a lot more on a boat, unless you got a pontoon. I wouldn't wanna lose my stuff in the water either. Keep me posted on how it goes.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's some good info to know, thanks!! I plan on bolting down at least the bolt one, just hoping that the mount holder can hold the ipod well, and that the neck isn't too loosely flexible!! I'm gonna order 2 of them today off of ebay, found the same ones on their for about the same price, I can't pass them up for the price, I don't need anything too super nice! Thanks for your help!

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Just ordered one to test out, if not stable enough then it will go in the denali!!

OP
OP
V

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to help. Keep posting on how it worked out. Now my wife wants something similar in her car. She saw how it looked good in the Yukon. If it wasn't for the forum I would not have thought of the idea. Good luck on your project.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the mount last night, it's a great deal for the money, pretty simple and cheaply build but would work good and looks good for just about anything!! Gonna have to buy another one here soon since this one will be going in the boat!! Thanks again for the info!!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack your thread but I got the holder installed in the boat today, all I did for the time being (might be permanent) was take the suction cup end off of the holder and crimped a heavy duty electrical connector on it, drilled a small hole in it to bolt to an existing bolt under the stereo and bent part of it so it would sit against the bottom of the stereo to keep it from turning!! Probably gonna bounce around quite a bit due to the mounting position so gonna figure out a quick connect for behind the holder to hold it steady while using it, and when it is all said and done all I have to do is tuck it under the front of my boat and you would never know it was there!! Now I have to buy another boat stereo because I just found out that my 2 month old ipod touch won't work on it like my nano did!! :emotions122: :)
Oh well, I like it now I need to buy 2 more for my vehicles and I will be good to go!! Thanks again!

Attachments

• DSC07085.jpg
    DSC07085.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC07087.jpg
    DSC07087.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC07090.jpg
    DSC07090.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
V

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I know the flexible arm gives you a lot of choices on how to mount it. Took my buddy to work one day, he's got a suburban, now he says he is gonna do it to his truck. It just looks trick. Plus like I said the chubby hole doesn't really hold anything. Glad to help someone on the forum, since I have gotten so many good ideas from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16