Got the corsa installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i`d love to see the proof. i`ve looked all over for actual proof that flowmaster robs horsepower with no luck.

It doesn't rob horsepower, it just doesn't do as much on the top end as other exhausts do. This is due to the chambered design.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice... I just picked up an 06 Z71 Hoe and was thinkin about getting a Corsa Touring. I have Corsa on my 02 Z28 and love the sound of it. Now want something quiet but a nice rumble to it. Anyone have an opinion on sport vs touring?

SPORT!!! I wanted quiet but nice sound when I stepped on it, the sport it perfect while the touring would sound too much like stock!

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't rob horsepower, it just doesn't do as much on the top end as other exhausts do. This is due to the chambered design.

Thanks for clearing that up jenna.

I was joking about asking for proof because i know it`s not true. I`m not sure where the rumor started but alot of people believe it and spout off about it without proof.

I have flowmasters on all my vehicles and love the sound. thats all that counts, a few horsepower less than if i went with corsa/magnaflow isn`t a huge deal to me.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sound clips please/. i need video...
It maybe quite cause you have stock engine, stock manifolds, cats, etc...

corsa sport is no where quite, with the correct setup. Which is why I was planing touring, with a modded exhaust, long tubes, etc.

Last edited:

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SPORT!!! I wanted quiet but nice sound when I stepped on it, the sport it perfect while the touring would sound too much like stock!

Is your setup with stock manifolds and cats??

sound clips please/. i need video...
It maybe quite cause you have stock engine, stock manifolds, cats, etc...

corsa sport is no where quite, with the correct setup. Which is why I was planing touring, with a modded exhaust, long tubes, etc.

I second the sound clips!!! If the sport is quiet with stock manifolds I may just save myself some money over the touring lol.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes , my setup is stock with that exhaust!! Stock manifolds and stock cats, and when I say quiet, it's not at all obnoxiously loud like others I've heard, it still have that luxury somewhat quiet sound at idle and cruise speed but has a bigger set of nuts sound when you step on it!! I barely notice the exhaust in the truck when I am cruising down the road but there's no denying it when you step on it!!

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks again for the info... I may have to just hear one in person to make up my mind... now to find a hoe in NY with a Corsa Sport lol

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks again for the info... I may have to just hear one in person to make up my mind... now to find a hoe in NY with a Corsa Sport lol

I was having the same problem, I didn't know of anyone that had one that I could listen to, a couple guys posted up some you-tube clips that they sounded the closest to what it sounds like in person and that's what made me pull the trigger and buy one! Here is a clip I found that sounds pretty spot on to what mine sounds like, mine is a tad raspier then the clip but not much more!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JdekGmLofo

Also, there is a guy on here that has a clip of his truck doing cookies in the snow with the sport exhaust, if he sees this maybe he can post it up for you to listen to as well, that was the one that made me go for it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOC1583