Got some presents in the mail this week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midgetclown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone saw my other threads a little while back you know that my subs finally blew up so i ordered the replacement. Also after i ordered the sub i realized i ordered it with the wrong voice coils so to wire it the way i need to i ordered an amp that can fix that issue. Cameras broken so all i have is these cell phone shots from when i got em. For some reason my phone wont take pics anymore either hahah.

Fi SSD12
Dual 2ohm flatwind voice coils
1000w rms
2011-08-15_15-08-55_170.jpg
2011-08-15_15-09-30_38.jpg
2011-08-15_15-09-50_61.jpg

Kenwood X1200M (refurb'd on ebay)
Mono Block 800w rms at 4ohm
2011-08-13_17-39-07_82.jpg

Gonna be wiring the sub to be running 800w at 4ohms. For now im just gonna be building a plain square sealed box until i can do the one i want. Gonna be attempting to chop into where the factory sub is and just redoing the whole panel. I wanna build a normal square box behind the panel but fiberglass it in and have the sub fiberglassed in on the top of the panel instead of the side. Also thinking about glassing the amp into that panel so its easy to adjust and not under my seats for when i need to put them down. Hopefully gonna be getting it temporarily hooked up this weekend and then in my free time start the box project. Working 2nd shift and at least 50+ hours a week right now so its kinda hard to find time to do stuff.

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't regret buying it. If you don't have a box I would build one closer to 3 cu ft. inside.

Mines about 2.6 inside and i could be more. It's also tuned to 32 hz and for me its perfect.

OP
OP
Midgetclown

Midgetclown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any input wether i should do the final box ported or sealed? 90% of the time i listen to metal and the other 10% i listen to dubstep when i just wanna listen to some catchy shit and hit hard. I heard a sealed box is best for sound quality but ported for more of a bass hit. If i built a ported box would it cut down alot on quality of the music? Building a ported or sealed box would change my ideas completely so it'd be good to know before i get this going.

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ported....

This.

I can get some pics of my set up if you like.

Sounds like we listen to a lot of the same stuff and with it being ported the kick is still tight and clear.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076