This is what happened to my tahoe in May

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had just finished all the mechanical things and had it running perfect, just swapped to the MPFI.. things were good. Let my 17yr old take it to school for 2 weeks, the. She runs into a car in front of her.. At first look, yeah it needs a hood, fenders core support, bumper, radiator, exct.

Tore it all to pieces only to see the passenger frame horn was bent. Let it sit for a few months trying to decide to fix or trash it. Well I decided to fix it, got on to LMC and ordered everything. Just this week I finally was able to find a shop that #1 was available in a decent time frame, #2 was willing to do it. So right now it’s at the collision ago on a frame machine getting pulled. More to come… this will be my build thread

Attachments

• IMG_8688.jpeg
    IMG_8688.jpeg
    521.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8690.jpeg
    IMG_8690.jpeg
    551.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8691.jpeg
    IMG_8691.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8689.jpeg
    IMG_8689.jpeg
    498.5 KB · Views: 21

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am sure the shop will but make sure you get a printout, if has the capabilities for it, of the frame readouts and see if it has a "diamond" in the frame and what the before and after readings are. It will never align correctly if it does. If the damage is all in front of the cross member, you got lucky.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other car was a 2019 Ford expedition, didn’t really damage that car as much as I thought it would have. According to insurance they paid out $3,200 to fix theirs. So far I have spent $1,100 at LMC, another $400 at Rockauto. Going to do the work myself as I do all my own stuff as much as I can(I can’t do a frame lol)

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had just finished all the mechanical things and had it running perfect, just swapped to the MPFI.. things were good. Let my 17yr old take it to school for 2 weeks, the. She runs into a car in front of her.. At first look, yeah it needs a hood, fenders core support, bumper, radiator, exct.

Tore it all to pieces only to see the passenger frame horn was bent. Let it sit for a few months trying to decide to fix or trash it. Well I decided to fix it, got on to LMC and ordered everything. Just this week I finally was able to find a shop that #1 was available in a decent time frame, #2 was willing to do it. So right now it’s at the collision ago on a frame machine getting pulled. More to come… this will be my build thread
My wife had the same truck years back and the front horn got bent on hers too from a low speed impact with a curb and pole from a broken tie rod. Thankfully it was less than 15 mph, but it did damage. Luckily I didn't have to put very many body parts on it. Straightened the frame and good to go.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes she was totally
Fine, crazy thing, airbags never went off.. oh well didn’t need them I guess. Another funny thing, when she calls me from the scene, first thing she says is “Dad, I wasn’t on my phone, but I got in an accident “….. says the girl who’s phone is practically glued to her hand.. lol

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes she was totally
Fine, crazy thing, airbags never went off.. oh well didn’t need them I guess. Another funny thing, when she calls me from the scene, first thing she says is “Dad, I wasn’t on my phone, but I got in an accident “….. says the girl who’s phone is practically glued to her hand.. lol
I have come close to 2 different accidents because other people were on their phones. I could see the phones in their hands. I am sorry but your daughter was at fault for talking on the phone when she should have been PAYING ATTENTION.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar