Got my Mega monster trans installed!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97GT

Reaction score
Just got my truck front the shop. I have about 161xxx miles on my Yukon. The trany started to go out so I had a Mega monster trans installed. I can tell u what, it's like nite and day. It shifts very firm. On the highway it's surprisingly very smooth. I have experienced no more shift lag, it just slaps into the next gear. My Yukon drives like a new truck again and I couldn't be happier. Whoever is looking for a trans check out eatmyshift.com they have many different options. Their warranty is very good too. 3 years unlimited miles for a complete trans. I did a burnout and it just spun the tires like nothing. I'll put a video up soon o a test drive/burnout

Danny_Z56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just goes to show what a well built trans can do for a vehicle.

Glad to hear you are happy with the new transmission :)

I plan on having some nice trans work done to mine as well.

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol I am on my 3rd mega monster in my camaro. They are up the road a bit from me. Here is the plant from my mega monster. This is what they call a HD plant. looks stock to me. Did all this while actually cruissing at 45mph as it was going into lockup in 4th. I thought a bomb went off. I thought I lost my exhuast or a drive shaft or even rear end. just the trans again. They have been good about fixing it once it actually breaks but a pain in the ass non the less. This is just my experiance with them so far so it's not that this is the way all of them are going to be this is just one mans experiance. Blew the first one up on stock hp and street tires. had a bad sunshell. the second was on my 383 lt1 and street tires. I have never race that car. It has never been to the track.
100_2331.jpg
100_2334.jpg
100_2290.jpg
100_2321.jpg

Danny_Z56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Looks like "mega monster" needs to start doing something different.....

"Blew the first one up on stock hp and street tires"- this should not have really happend with a well built "HD"/"performance" transmission.

Im sure they are some what good at what they do.however,seems like something is out of whack.

OP
OP
97GT

97GT

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. I hope mine last a long time without any problems. I would hate to have to mess with my trans again. Thnx for sharing your experience. Did u drive it normal and slow or kind of hot roding it around putting stress on it?

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did all this while actually cruissing at 45mph as it was going into lockup in 4th.

This is why I think there is no such thing as a 'built' 4L60e especially if you were just cruising in a car that is roughly 2000 lbs lighter than these SUV's. Add the stress of any additional power, the extra driveline parts for 4wd guys, a lift, bigger tires, or do any towing and you're on borrowed time unless you babysit them.

OP
OP
97GT

97GT

Reaction score
So i called monster transmission to ask about my install and reliability. They stand by their transmissions and warranty saying they are top quality and they have had little or no complaints about 4l60e unless whomever installed it did a ****** job. Meaning they took shortcuts by not putting in all new parts. Well Im hoping my trans stands up to the use I put it through.

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am actually on my third mega monster. Something out of wack has nothing to do with it. I broke the second one in very very very easy. I did maybe one good traction run on the street before this happen. They will stand behind it so I say beat the piss out of it so you can shake the pugs out.
How do you screew up trans install to make internals break?lol
The one that is in there now was another story. I had to pay because my warrenty was only for 1 year. and even though it had been less than a year since the 1st one broke I had to pay 400 for the trans and new TC witch I was fine with because again I was in a bind. This one they called me to pick up and I went to get it and the guy said yea we just got done test driving it with your converter on it so it is all ready to go just install it and fill it. No need to take the TC off and fill it because we already did and ran it. So I install the trans and had a ***** of a time because of a bad bolt so 3 hrs later I am done and ready to fill it but I have a deap pan that I run and it was not on there yet so I went ahead and put it on. Well when I dropped the stock pan the trans was bone dry inside. not a drop of trans fluid. I was pissed because I now had to take it back out and check the converter which was also dry. This was the weekend so I left them a message and told them I was pissed because it was not tested. I ran the car sunday and monday morning and then got a phone call from the owner. He said I am sorry but we f'd up. I asked how and he said well your trans was not done yet, thats why it was not tested. I had asked them for 5 pinion plants and what happen was they did not have any so they just put it aside with the 4 pinion plants. He told me he did not know if the trans was compleat or not so he said he would build me another. I should have said ok and done it but I was in the middle of moving and packing so I needed the car to run so I could get it over to the new house. I left it at that and told him if it blows up again I will take him up on the offer and he said ok. Long story but in the end this type of shit always happens to me. You may not have any problems at all but with my luck...I will. lol Just one mans story and as I have said they did cover everything every time and even pro-rated the one time out of warrenty.

young_2010_chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hhmmm i was thinkin about gettin a ss mega monster for my tahoe im gonna buy a 6.0 and put in it and every bolt on part i can would this tranny b a good idea?...what kind of power r u guys puttin out and wat kind of beatin is ur guys tranys gettin?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts