got my 0411

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you get the BB tune, its going to be like a whole new truck.
I'm going to look for a 0411 this week.

I've actually been doing a LOT of thought about the marine swap. I'm actually thinking about finding a 5.3 and building that up and doing a swap. Reason = you can find a complete (harness and all drive) 5.3 from $250 on up and since its going to get built, tear down is a must and you can spend a little more for a fresh LS based motor. I'm using a 5.3 for an example, you can also find LQ9/4s for less than $1K to.
A good example is someone bought a pulled out 5.3 and bolted a turbo and put down 600 +rwhp with room for more and it stayed together.
I dont know, I've been thinking about this for a while.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It ran smoother with out a tune? Wierd...thats good to know...

411 has soo man more tuning tables exspecially you can program the 411 to run E fans :)

Congrats!

No need for the Marine Intake Manifold unless you plan on maxing out the stock fuel system.

ff40

OP
OP
B

brooks93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep I double checked the wires and hooked up the battery, hit the key and fired right up and settled in to idle and was so smooth I almost had to check to make sure it was running when you close the door.

It has a base tune for the 2001 express van with 4l60e and L31..

I been looking at the 5.3 with a blower also. I do alot of towing and from what I have read blowers are way better for towing but, then I think most diesels have turbo's so I am still undecdied

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats great man, sounds awesome.
Since it came out of a L31 w/4L60E, it is a plug and play install. You can leave it and run or NOW have the ability to get deep into a tune, like said with the added tables and such.

I hear yah about being undecided. I'm looking to keep my tranny, thats another reason for a built 5.3. If I were to go with a 6.0L, I would need to get a 4L80E.

OP
OP
B

brooks93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the most parts its plug and play. Mine is a 4x4 so the tune that came on mine had a trans segment swap with I think a 98 silverado with 4l60e and 4x4. If it was 2 wheel drive then you just need the express van tune.

I am leaning more towards the 5.3 with a blower. I can find them with 30k miles for about 1000.00 with engine harness.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, sounds like I'll be able to just drop it in and go. Yes?

Same here, I have seen complete 5.3s with accessory drive and harness for $350.
I'm going to look local before I start bidding, even though local guys seem to charge more, I think it'll all work out considering shipping costs.
Here's a little encouragement. Stock 5.3, bone stock making 600+HP with a single turbo ;) . With room for more and it lived. THATS what I'm talkin about.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the most parts its plug and play. Mine is a 4x4 so the tune that came on mine had a trans segment swap with I think a 98 silverado with 4l60e and 4x4. If it was 2 wheel drive then you just need the express van tune.

I am leaning more towards the 5.3 with a blower. I can find them with 30k miles for about 1000.00 with engine harness.

Got pics? All you did is cut wires, soder together and shrink tube them?

OP
OP
B

brooks93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got pics? All you did is cut wires, soder together and shrink tube them?

no. you take off the colored plastic covers on your plugs where the pins are. once you have them off there are little white fingers over each pin. Pull up on that finger then push (with small screw driver) or pull on the wire and the pins will come out of the connector. Then just pushed them into the right spot on the new connectors.

only had to solder I think 3 or 4.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, thanks not as bad as I thought it was! What wires did you have to solder and why?

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
FF40, get the wiring file from Lextech. For our year models, '98 - '00, we just have to splice & solder the 4 wires into the park neutral switch. Lastly, you will need to splice together the VSS for the cruise control. A total of 5 wires & that's it.