Got me some Eibach Sway Bars!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of Eibach (anti)sway bars yesterday. Installed the rear bar tonight and I CANNOT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE just the rear bar makes along with the shortened DJM rear end links! The trucks ride has firmed up in the rear after the install (feels much tighter and balanced), now has almost zero body roll, doesn't do a nose dive when braking, and the weight doesn't pitch to the rear under hard acceleration. Its incredible what the difference in handling is after the 2/3 drop with four new shocks and struts, the 22's with 305/40 Toyo Proxes ST2's, and now the rear bar. The truck is flat under braking and acceleration, and literally handles better than a lot of cars I've owned in the past. I can only imagine how beautiful it'll be after I get the front sway bar on.

With the new tune, new big brakes, and the handling upgrades, this Suburban is becoming very fun to drive. Who knew a tank of an SUV could be this fun with a few easy (but costly) mods!

Figured I'd post up my experience with aftermarket bars in case anyone is curious about the performance gained from them. There are also a few other companies making bigger bars for our trucks, including DJM, Hellwig, and Hotchkis. There may be more, but those are the ones I'm currently aware of...

ETA: See post #4 for an update after getting the front bar on.

Last edited:

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its amazing what good suspension components can do.
Congrats on the significant upgrades.

Now Turbo it and do rolling burnouts down the freeway at 70mph+! :cheers:

Here, let me help ya.

holy shiet! the YT link has my name in it! :jester:
[yt]D0Ugx2mzCzo/[/yt]

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its amazing what good suspension components can do.
Congrats on the significant upgrades.

Now Turbo it and do rolling burnouts down the freeway at 70mph+! :cheers:

Here, let me help ya.

holy shiet! the YT link has my name in it! :jester:
[yt]D0Ugx2mzCzo/[/yt]

Thanks, man. And I can't see any YT link? One day I'd like to throw a TVS1900 on top of it. I thought about maybe doing a custom rear mount turbo set up, but I think the TVS would be easier and much less maintenance in the long run.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Eibach sway bar along with a set of Energy Suspension polyurethane end links. I think I've now completed suspension mods. Maybe... The truck handles like an absolute dream, and rides SO much better even than it did even before the drop. I expected the increase in handling capabilities with these big ass sway bars, but didn't expect them to increase ride quality much, if any. Well, they did. Everything just feels tightened up. Any slack or looseness I previously felt over rough roads has smoothed out and it just feels like I'm test driving a brand new truck. You know how a brand new truck just feels tight, smooth as butter, and quiet? That's my truck now. I really am quite happy with it. Never thought an 8-9 year old truck with 166k miles on it could be so smooth and tight. They also provided huge decreases in dive during braking and rear pitch during acceleration.

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you just sold me on a set. :)
Thanks for the write up and review.

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you just sold me on a set. :)
Thanks for the write up and review.

No problem, man. Be sure to let us know which brand you go with and how you like them after getting them on. BTW, is your truck a short or long wheelbase truck and is it dropped?

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a set of 2007-2015 JEEP WRANGLER SWAY BAR END LINKS off ebay for 16$ and they worked perfect. The butt of my escalade is lowered 5" and now my swarw bar in the rear is level with the ground. I also shorten my front links too. I did a lot of research on this and thought id share what works..

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a set of 2007-2015 JEEP WRANGLER SWAY BAR END LINKS off ebay for 16$ and they worked perfect. The butt of my escalade is lowered 5" and now my swarw bar in the rear is level with the ground. I also shorten my front links too. I did a lot of research on this and thought id share what works..

Thanks for sharing! I have heard of other people doing something similar to this.

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of generic ones a few weeks ago but were an 1" to short. The ones i got now are 6" eye to stud.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I tried moog stabilizer links on my previous vehicle. Would anyone know if the mevotech links are any good? They seem to be pricey about $22 for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia