Goodridge Brakes lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would like to confirm that I picked up the right brake lines. I got the goodridge brakes model 14175 from Amazon. I have a 03 Denali XL. Felt good about the buy cause a review said the installer used them on a Tahoe.

That being said and 2 1/2 hours gone and just one break line today, I could not get it lock mate up with the steel part of the line with out just having enough wiggle room that kept a slow leak. I tried it with and without the brass washer in the goodridge kit. Nothing came off the old line.

Was really looking forward to this upgrade, but just got on amzon requested a exchange.

My last 2 cents, looking at the metal line and the new Goodridge ones the diameter is slightly bigger on the goodridge compared to the OEM lines. Anyone notice this?

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
Not really sure about the lines themselves but I do know FOR SURE you need those brass washers. They are crush washers and are what will seal your lines.

OP
OP
jcevans7

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna feel like a dumb ass if I got it right and ordered the right set. I'm just no convinced it is though cause I could not tighten up the line anymore without causing damage to the steel line. Anyone have some input on the install. The good ridge box was pretty generic.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my review...lol...

You need to use the new banjo bolts included in the kit & 2 copper crush washers per caliper. One washer goes on the banjo, than put the bolt though the hole in the line, add another washer, than thread it into the caliper. As far as the connecting the Goodridge line to the factory brake line, I cleaned everything threaded area with carb cleaner & than sprayed a little silicone lubricant on the threads to aid in a smooth connection.

Each line to the caliper took about 30 min...the last line from the body to the axle took about an hour because of the tight space.

Cameron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet