Good shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright im gonna start off by saying rough country shocks are extremely soft. I got nitros all around and the front bounces like there arent any shocks there. It rode better with the old oem bilsteins. Ok so what are some good stiff shocks i can get for the Yukon? I like a really stiff ride, its just what im accustomed to having jeeps for a few years, I dont know whats good thats out there.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
try rancho 9000 and set the knob to stiffest setting. if to much dial them back a bit till comfy. spend some more money and you can adjust them from your seat. don't recall if there are other adjustable out there or not.

OP
OP
NOVAhoe

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at those. That might be the best option, at least for the front for now, the rear is ok, leaf springs are stiff enough. I just think the ifs is too soft for my tastes. They sell the controllers for those shocks separately dont they?

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOVAhoe said:
Alright im gonna start off by saying rough country shocks are extremely soft. I got nitros all around and the front bounces like there arent any shocks there. It rode better with the old oem bilsteins. Ok so what are some good stiff shocks i can get for the Yukon? I like a really stiff ride, its just what im accustomed to having jeeps for a few years, I dont know whats good thats out there.

Get Bilstein HD's. I've had them on 3 different Yukon/Tahoe's. They handle really good and you don't bounce around. I thought I'd change things up on my current yukon and got Monroe reflex's and I hated them, now I have Bilsteins. I think that's your best bet.

OP
OP
NOVAhoe

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm maybe i will give those a shot first, since they are a little cheaper then the ranchos, and if i dont like them then I will try the ranchos.

OP
OP
NOVAhoe

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought id share this, im probably gonna go with the rs9000s because i really like the fact that they are adjustable, and i tow every now and then too. But the pricing between summit and rock auto is ridiculous. Rock auto has them for 86 bucks a piece, at summit they are 110 a piece, i guess i know where im gonna buy them at..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo