going to start gathering bag parts but need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i want to start gathering the brackets for the rear im going to do the rear first and need help. i have a few questions what are the best brackets i want small ones to go as low as possable im butting the bags on top of the axle. also for the bracket that links the bags and the rear i have seen i lot of differnt typs i dont no what to do i want it as low as i can with out doing a cnotch (as of right now) does any one have pointers, pics of there instal, ideas

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if you arent doing a cnotch yet our goal is to get you axle to frame.. you still HAVE to do the djm free travel mod.. and if we can get it axle to frame.. you will need to do a bump stop of some sort.. all thats easy shit though.. getting you axle to frame on a boa is gonna be the hard part

As soon as fat gets online we will have a lil better help

or even adam

TEXAS DEMON

with a vengeance
Reaction score
wel first do not get a plate with a cup style bracket for the bottom. use a single circular plate for the bottom and weld it off center if you are running 2600 pound bags. second,use a cup styel upper brtacket you will likely have to make a noth for th air line to go through. then like mob said the free travel mod, for sure then the bracket that is welde to the dif fo rthe panhar bar hit the upper brace. you might be able to grind some off but its better if you buy one from suicededoors.com and weld it in a diferent location. also do get foru valves one set per coner. if not it will have some type of
woble. since you arte running 20s you might not tuck rim but you will be very low. there is another solution for youre step notch. that should be good to start. thats exactly wht i did on mine util i said **** it and saterted cuttuing every for tubs and step notch. laying it out baby. also whta size tire you are running?

OP
OP
mikeyboy

mikeyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the escalade rims are just for winter i have 22' with a bit tire i might see it u can get new ones ther 305/40-22

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
see thats what me and him were pming about.. i was thinking do a flat mount on the bottom or even (for saftey incase of bolt failure) a true cup so the bag sits flat but has a shallow surround around it.. and weld a nut inside of the hole on the flat bracket and just do a threaded rod holding the bad to the axle.. should save at LEAST an inch off doing a traditional bracket setup...

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cant find one.. looking now.. but flat brackets will work too.. by bolt fell out of my "behind axle" brackets and the rigitity of the bag kept it in place all by itself... i didnt even know until i went to have the wheels rotated

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm good info
im gunna be fabn up my own brackets i got some bags from work and im gunna try and make a budget build and try not to have to buy anything else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manofaltes