Go for a good deal on a 2007, or wait to find a 2009+?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Djay762

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah but there are alot that do. Not uncommon to be seeing 2qts missing between oil changes, as I am sure you are aware.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Just my opinion but I would never buy a rental car. Beyond having the snot beat out of them, when (not if) they are in a finder bender (small or large) the rental car company has them repaired at the bodyshop they contract with. These shops use the cheapest materials available when repairing these cars. They rarely use a direct to metal primer, the clearcoats are cheap, meaning little or no uv protection and will probably last about 5 years on average. They don't use oem body panels, rather cheap aftermarket replacement, and if possible will sling the old panel full of filler before replacing it.
I work in the industry and see rental car repairs every day. I would never buy one.

Although I don't doubt your experience and claim, I would also like to point out something that only slightly disputes it. In some cases you are absolutely correct. Those cases typically happen when the rental car company outright owns the vehicle. These trend to be the cars the keep for about 30k miles, or in Enterprises case 50k+. As for leased vehicles, which is usually the case with the short term investment (seasonal market adjustments and higher cost/lower volume rental fleet vehicles), they are usually required to use higher cost OEM parts and more expensive repair procedures. I spent 7 years in the rental car business. 5 of that was at a franchise with a national known name. That place is where I learned so much about the industry.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I would be very leary with that 07. The whole issue that they have with oil consumption would freak me out.

There is a TSB on that, which has been discussed in great detail on this forum, and included the most current TSB information at the time of posting. This seems to be a problem affecting almost every sized V8 GM makes, starting with the 2007 model year vehicles. Iirc, the TSB does include most of the vehicles through 2010, including the Tahoe and Yukon.

OP
OP
S

ShawnQ

Reaction score
We got it! Got a good deal on my trade, got the GM 4/48, and gave the vehicle a really good once over. Clean vehicle, was traded on a new suburban.

Now I've got some learning to do! Need to figure out all of the ins/outs of the options.

Also need to see if I can find a center console for the rear, just saw one today and I like that option.

Lastly, need to check to see if the jack is in there as I didn't know where to look last night and forgot.

Then, level it and change the wheels. BMF Novokanes or something similar is what I'm thinking

There is a TSB on that, which has been discussed in great detail on this forum, and included the most current TSB information at the time of posting. This seems to be a problem affecting almost every sized V8 GM makes, starting with the 2007 model year vehicles. Iirc, the TSB does include most of the vehicles through 2010, including the Tahoe and Yukon.

Any idea what this TSB repairs/replaces?

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got it! Got a good deal on my trade, got the GM 4/48, and gave the vehicle a really good once over. Clean vehicle, was traded on a new suburban.

Now I've got some learning to do! Need to figure out all of the ins/outs of the options.

Also need to see if I can find a center console for the rear, just saw one today and I like that option.

Lastly, need to check to see if the jack is in there as I didn't know where to look last night and forgot.

Then, level it and change the wheels. BMF Novokanes or something similar is what I'm thinking

Any idea what this TSB repairs/replaces?

CONGRATULATIONS Shawn.

Now, ......... let us know WHAT EXACTLY have you purchased. (Year, Miles, Options) and post a picture of your new ride.

We all ALWAYS love to see pictures.

OP
OP
S

ShawnQ

Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS Shawn.

Now, ......... let us know WHAT EXACTLY have you purchased. (Year, Miles, Options) and post a picture of your new ride.

We all ALWAYS love to see pictures.

It's a 2007 Z-71 4x4, White, Black/Titanium interior, 43k miles, one owner trade-in with excellent dealer maintenance history, and I added a 4yr/48k GM warranty to it.

It has:
DVD
NAV
Heated Seats
Reverse Cam
Two-Tone interior
Captains in the rear
3rd Row
Remote Start

It doesn't have auto-open lift gate or folding seats...and I'm not sure what other options were left off. I know it seems to be just as loaded as the LTZs we test drove and checked out.

I'll start a new 'welcome' thread once I get some good pics.

Thanks,
SQ

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a 2007 Z-71 4x4, White, Black/Titanium interior, 43k miles, one owner trade-in with excellent dealer maintenance history, and I added a 4yr/48k GM warranty to it.

It has:
DVD
NAV
Heated Seats
Reverse Cam
Two-Tone interior
Captains in the rear
3rd Row
Remote Start

It doesn't have auto-open lift gate or folding seats...and I'm not sure what other options were left off. I know it seems to be just as loaded as the LTZs we test drove and checked out.

I'll start a new 'welcome' thread once I get some good pics.

Thanks,
SQ

CONGRATS! Sounds AWESOME. Looking forward to the pics. :)

OP
OP
S

ShawnQ

Reaction score
Congrats if you don't mind how much was the additional warranty

It isn't cheap because of the fact that it was already out of the 3/36.

I gave $1900 for it, 4/48. They originally wanted 2870 for it. Talk about gouging!

I normally buy them online from dealers that sell them much cheaper. But, because it was out of the 3/36, I HAD to buy it at the dealer I bought the truck from. I just got a quote online, and took it to my selling dealer - he matched it. He didn't want to. I got up and was about to leave and he caved in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grooter8824

Latest posts