Go for a good deal on a 2007, or wait to find a 2009+?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a real good looking Z71 and yeah I'm not digging those wheels there FUGLY IMO.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

ShawnQ

Reaction score
I agree. Buy the truck and sell the wheels. Replace wheels with CK375s. :)

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Are the wheels that are on it factory option wheels? Or just aftermarket with bowtie centercaps?

I went and test drove it, nice truck. Drives good, looks clean and well maintained. There are a whole mess of maintenance records for it, appears to be 100% dealer maintained.

The only issue was someone decided to leave the sunroof partially cracked during a rainstorm today. I wouldn't say it is a deal breaker, but it's annoying. There was a small amount of water under the front part of the headliner. I assume this will dry, but I'm concerned about any wiring/electronics up there, and/or musty smell once it dries. If I go through with it, I'll be sure something is added into the contract to make up for that.

The truck does have heated seats, backup camera, and nav.

Questions:
Did ALL factory rear seat DVD/entertainment come with the wireless headphones? I didn't see them in this one...

Anyone ever accidentally left their sunroof open? Any issues afterwards?

Any way to restore the minor cracked/faded areas on the seat bolsters? This one is very minimal...but you can tell a little on the driver's seat that it is used. Is there a way to get this looking new again without replacing it?

How's the price?
The truck has no accidents, I checked thoroughly (few years of body shop experience teaches you what to look for real well :) ). The tires are good. 43000 miles. Fully loaded. Is $26K a fair price? Its the cheapest Z71 4x4 I've seen under 50k miles. The only issue I have at all with it is the fact that it is an 07 and not an 09+. That and the fact that I'm trading an '08 in on it...feels weird trading a newer car for an older one.

Thanks for any info.
SQ

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know the extent of the damage but something like that would make me pass on the deal unless they replaced the headliner.

mcm1209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice hoe and yes get rid of those wheels
I agree with 07 about them replacing the headliner, may end up with water stains later on.

gnarpow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't believe some of the things that happen to these cars at the dealership. If that is the only issue with truck I would just make sure it is dried out and there are no stains before you pick it up.
You can probably use it to get a better price too.

OP
OP
S

ShawnQ

Reaction score
First order of business would be a set of BMF Novokane wheels, or something similar.

Didn't get a chance to go look at what they did with the headliner today...hopefully friday.

I'll let you guys know if I get it.

SQ

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Shawn! First off those are factory wheels not aftermarket so you should be able to sell them for some $$$ so you can get some different wheels. Also, yes, if you have RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment), you get the wireless headphones/remote with them. I have RSE in both vehicles and got them. And 26k for that Z71 Tahoe is not a bad deal with the relatively low mileage but it all depends on how bad that sunroof issue is for you :/

The biggest difference in 07-08 and 09+ is the 6 speed transmission addition (versus the 4 speed) and factory bluetooth audio.

OP
OP
S

ShawnQ

Reaction score
You wouldn't believe some of the things that happen to these cars at the dealership. If that is the only issue with truck I would just make sure it is dried out and there are no stains before you pick it up.
You can probably use it to get a better price too.

I plan to get a better price out of it.
The vehicle was a trade, and the owner just got another tahoe. She wanted the new bright blue color (Topaz I think?). The maintenance records show some repairs and warranty work, but no major work done. If the headliner looks good when I go back up there, and I can find a way to get an extended warranty...I'll go for it.

felixgun said:
Welcome Shawn! First off those are factory wheels not aftermarket so you should be able to sell them for some $$$ so you can get some different wheels. Also, yes, if you have RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment), you get the wireless headphones/remote with them. I have RSE in both vehicles and got them. And 26k for that Z71 Tahoe is not a bad deal with the relatively low mileage but it all depends on how bad that sunroof issue is for you :/

The biggest difference in 07-08 and 09+ is the 6 speed transmission addition (versus the 4 speed) and factory bluetooth audio.

I would like to have the 6spd...but I don't plan on towing, I have a truck for that. It will see some limited beach/sand use, so the 4wd will help...but I don't think the 4spd will struggle with the light duty it will get off road. I'd just like to have it for the fuel economy, and resale.

No bluetooth in 07? Bummer! I didn't notice that. My wife uses that a lot in her car...may have to figure something out for that.

Thanks again for the info everyone. Hopefully I'll be a permanent member soon.

SQ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21RST