Go for a good deal on a 2007, or wait to find a 2009+?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShawnQ

Reaction score
First off, I'm new here!

My Wife wants a Tahoe...she currently has a Nissan Rogue AWD, and it's a little too small.

So, if she wants a Tahoe, I'll be there to make sure it's a nice one. I'm looking at Z71 Hoes from 2007-2011

I know the 2009 got the 6spd trans. However, I'm having trouble finding a decent deal on a 2009+ in my area. All of the ones I am finding are black, or even Z71 2WD...and we don't want another black vehicle. We want 4x4 as well.

My question is - if I find a really nice 2007 or 2008 with low miles and the right price, would you STILL pass on it and wait for a 2009+ just due to the 6spd vs 4spd trans?

Is there any other major reason to go for a 2009+ vs a 2007-2008?

Thanks in advance,
SQ

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Other than warranty and transmission, I don't see any reason to hold out for a 2009. As for Z71 vs a regular Tahoe. For the NNBS trucks the only difference is the shocks. Sway bars, control arms, brakes, etc are all the same. All you have to do is switch out the shocks and find some skid plates.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you find a good deal on a nice, clean 07-08 do it. I've had our '07 for a year and a half now and we love it.

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say go for the 2008 if possible so you will have a little of the 5 year manufacture warranty left.

Oh make sure that you take a good look at the dash and check for cracks! LOL

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D That's one thing I'm surprised about on ours is that with as many people who've complained of cracks I've not experienced that yet **knock on wood**

OP
OP
S

ShawnQ

Reaction score
I say go for the 2008 if possible so you will have a little of the 5 year manufacture warranty left.

Oh make sure that you take a good look at the dash and check for cracks! LOL

Thanks for the info everyone.

Its a 2007 with 43k on it, so it has some powertrain warranty still, and an extended warranty is available

Id definitely get the extended if I bought it.

Question,did the 07s come with heated seats when leather option was ordered?
How about emote start?
Backup cam?

Thanks,
Shawn

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone.

Its a 2007 with 43k on it, so it has some powertrain warranty still, and an extended warranty is available

Id definitely get the extended if I bought it.

Question,did the 07s come with heated seats when leather option was ordered?
yes
How about emote start?
My LT3 came with remote start
Backup cam?
Mine did not come with a backup camera. Not sure what trim level you'd have to get in '07 to get one OEM. I'm planning on adding one soon.

OP
OP
S

ShawnQ

Reaction score
4510901835-1.jpg

there is a pic of the one I'm looking at.

It has nav, rear dvd, sunroof, etc...but I can't tell if it has the backup cam or heated seats. It does have the two tone interior.

I'm not a huge fan of the wheels, but I should be able to sell them pretty easily for something I prefer

I'll probably go drive it this evening if the weather gets any better...

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would assume if it has leather and nav it is heated and has a camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC

Latest posts