GMC Yukon Denali with stock 22s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Thank you to all who responded. Just purchased from original claims vehicle always had hard ride, not sure about that. Rear of vehicle sits about 2” higher than front, does not appear to be anything leaking, pulled air supply line off rear very little air came out and height didn’t change.
Remove the wires connectors to the shocks test drive and report back. By removing the connectors you are eliminating the magna ride of the shocks. They should ride like normal after you unplug them. You will get the service suspension icon, disregard the message for the test.

OP
OP
A

Autowholesale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Remove the wires connectors to the shocks test drive and report back. By removing the connectors you are eliminating the magna ride of the shocks. They should ride like normal after you unplug them. You will get the service suspension icon, disregard the message for the test.
Will do tomorrow at shop. Thanks you

yukon-xl

Reaction score
I used to have 2016 YukonXL SLT without magnetic ride on 18” wheels and had installed Michelin tires, and my friend had Denali XL on 20” and Michelin tires.
I drove my friends Denali and it was not much difference.
From threads about harsh ride, I know many downsized from 22” to 20”. And also I believe Michelin tires are little smoother. The 2015-2020 had harsher ride than 2014-older; and it looks like they made it better in 2021 and also added independent rear suspension, first time for GM large SUV.
I currently have 2021 Suburban RST without magnetic ride and on 22” and it rides pretty nice! (I originally was looking for 20” when upgrading from 2016 due to harsh ride complaints for 2015-2020, but with short supply I ended up getting RST on 22” and now I don’t think I want to downsize to 20” because it rides pretty good)

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can attest that my HC Suburban with magna ride + air ride suspension is the most comfortable of any other vehicle I've ever driven to date, I'm sold on those features :thumbsup:

Rockskullz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealing with the same thing on my new to me 2018 Denali. Changed the 22’s to 18’s didn’t help at all. Dropped it off at the dealer this morning. We’ll see what they say. Rides way worse than my 3/4 ton diesel truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish