GMC Yukon Denali with stock 22s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autowholesale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2016 GMC Yukon Denali 22”s rides like a 3/4 ton truck. My understanding this ( should ) be a smooth ride. This is not a XL. Miles are 105k

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire inflation pressure is very important and will need to be adjusted with seasonal temperature change. Hot tire temps above 37-38 PSI will result in lumber truck tendencies. Also, check to make sure your magnetic ride shocks aren't frozen up - That seems to happen when they get old and worn out.

OP
OP
A

Autowholesale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for heads up. I’ll adjust tire pressure today. How do you tell if shock are frozen? So many variables on this vehicle, suspension control module, compressor, shocks. I’ll start with pressure and go from there hopefully without to much $$

OP
OP
A

Autowholesale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All tires set to 35psi per sticker in driver side door jam. Same really hard ride

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All tires set to 35psi per sticker in driver side door jam. Same really hard ride
Check your struts/shocks to see if they are leaking. Also try an see if one side/corner is lower than the other. Good indication that it maybe locked up. At 105k I would assume the magnarides have been replaced before. Are you the original owner?

Last edited:

Jplasse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I second a strut check. Measure all 4 corners... stand on running boards and jump on all 4 corners to check suspension cycles, or jack up each corner and you should see the suspension droop/relax. When my front right seized up, it was incredibly rough, jumped on that corner no movement, jacked up rig and the tire/fender clearance did not move at all/droop out... all other corners did. it had ZERO movement.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for oily reside on the front struts like mentioned. I had my factory ones replaced at 84k under extended warranty for oil leakage that was staining my garage floor. I didn't realize how bad the others were until the new ones were put on - rode like new again. 2017 Yukon Denali

OP
OP
A

Autowholesale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you to all who responded. Just purchased from original claims vehicle always had hard ride, not sure about that. Rear of vehicle sits about 2” higher than front, does not appear to be anything leaking, pulled air supply line off rear very little air came out and height didn’t change.

Jplasse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is on factory 22's and ride is in no way considered "harsh" driving on multiple poorly maintained roads in our area.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you to all who responded. Just purchased from original claims vehicle always had hard ride, not sure about that. Rear of vehicle sits about 2” higher than front, does not appear to be anything leaking, pulled air supply line off rear very little air came out and height didn’t change.
They are built form the ****** with a mild suspension offset, what’s called “rake” to make for better aerodynamics to help meet EPA fuel requirements. Front sits a rad bit lower than the back. All GM SUVs and pickups are this way from the factory so this is normal for your ride to be setup this way. From what I’ve learned even if the shocks aren’t leaking than can still be frozen up and cause a rough ride. Have your suspension check out first. But also make sure your tires are still in good shape. Flat spots in the tires can contribute to a rough ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645