GMC Mats, easily scratched?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not take the tabs off the seat backs and let the hook part of the velceo on the liner hook right to the seat back? I did this for mine and it has yet to come off since.
That's what your supposed to do. The matts already have the Velcro stuck on. You just need to take the cover off and stick the Velcro on the seat back. No adhesive goes on the seat back. Just direct Velcro.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... are you guys saying that the adhesive tabs are not supposed to be on the back of the seats?
Seems the dealer has some learning todo (dealer did the original and the follow on install for this falling off) always using the adhesive tabs. I'd head outside and check it out, but it's in GMC jail wanting for a new turbo.
No adhesive should touch the carpet of the seat back. The velcro comes already attached to the floor liner and you stick the Velcro directly on the seat back. No adhesive on carpet. Just Velcro on carpet.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean they are supposed to be used, however the adhesive on those are not tacky enough to stick well to the carpeting on the seat backs.
Not it's not. Adhesive doesn't go on seat back. The velcro already comes preattached to the floor matts. All you do is take the protective cover off the Velcro then position and apply pressure. The velcro itself holds onto the carpet on the seat back . and it holds on tight.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the Weather Tech mats for the cargo area. Initially very disappointed. Mat is much more thin than I had anticipated, came rolled in narrow box, and the decal is pulling off from the stress of the bend.

It doesn't fit right now with all the deformation fro shipping, I'll take a heat gun to it this evening and see if I can get it to lay flat. I was expecting a much more meaty piece of rubber based on the images, 2/5 rating right now.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another weird fitment issue, even if it were to lay down, the third row and second row don't have any connection to one another and it seems like an ugly tripping hazard. The third row also doesn't fit into place as well as the second row section did.

Thus far, of all the mats I've bought, the second row is the only one I'm happy with.

IMG_0729.jpeg

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another weird fitment issue, even if it were to lay down, the third row and second row don't have any connection to one another and it seems like an ugly tripping hazard. The third row also doesn't fit into place as well as the second row section did.

Thus far, of all the mats I've bought, the second row is the only one I'm happy with.

View attachment 389507
Are these the WeatherTech HP floorliners? Those are supposed to be softer and more flexible than their old material...

We have the Husky X-Act Contour and they fit great in the 2nd and 3rd row. We don't have the captain chairs so I can't comment on the fitment between the 3rd row and 2nd row walkway, but the material Husky uses seems to be the perfect balance of rugged, but soft and flexible for a good fit.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WT HP yes. I'll reserve final judgement until after they've baked in the summer sun for a bit, it's a nippy 19 degrees here this morning. I would have liked to see some kind of positive fastener between the 2nd and 3rd row.

I did hit the cargo mat with a heat gun last night to soften it up a bit. Fit a little better, but still not "laser perfect."

MandoThread

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
WT HP yes. I'll reserve final judgement until after they've baked in the summer sun for a bit, it's a nippy 19 degrees here this morning. I would have liked to see some kind of positive fastener between the 2nd and 3rd row.

I did hit the cargo mat with a heat gun last night to soften it up a bit. Fit a little better, but still not "laser perfect."
Do you have an update? Wanting to purchase some new mats for my new-to-me 16' Suburban and can't decide on what direction to go. Seems like there isn't a perfect solution, but with 3 messy kids, we need all the protection we can get.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had the WT mats in our yukon for a year and a half and the 2nd row continues to never lay flat and roll up around the edges. NO complaints about any of the others. As far as scratching goes I've found that every surface in these new rigs easily scratches just from normal use

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645